SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Springfield Armory introduces two new XD-E models
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Springfield Armory introduces two new XD-E models Login/Join 
posted
Got an email today saying Sprinfield Armory is releasing 3.8" and 4.5" XD-E models.

Looks like the wave of slim/short grip, longer barrel concealed carry pistols just got a little bigger.

I understand some here have specific feelings towards Springfield Armory, but more choices is a good thing for us.

___________________________________Sigforum - port in the fake news storm.____________Be kind to the Homeless. A lot of us are one bad decision away from there.

Posts: 1165 | Registered: July 20, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I bought a XD-E 9mm (3.3" bbl) for my wife last Christmas. It's easy for her to rack the slide vs. most other pistols. She likes it. I liked it, so I got an XD-E .45 for myself. Both have been 100% reliable with anything that are fed to them.

Posts: 1474 | Location: Washington | Registered: August 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Avoiding
slam fires
Picture of 45 Cal
posted Hide Post
I saw that also,practically give away prices to.
I will admit I like the platform and have owned several for many many years like I think the late eighties or so.

Posts: 22407 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have yet to handle one, but I like the idea of them.

Seems they would be a good choice for appendix carry or carried in a purse with no holster.

Maybe a good choice for a new shooter who might not yet have the trigger discipline needed for safe handling of a striker fired weapon.

___________________________________Sigforum - port in the fake news storm.____________Be kind to the Homeless. A lot of us are one bad decision away from there.

Posts: 1165 | Registered: July 20, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned/Thief
posted Hide Post
quote:
Springfield Armory introduces two new XD-E models

From my experience, there's a magic for 9mm and 8 meter accuracy. How does this jewel compare?

Posts: 92 | Location: Ohio | Registered: August 31, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
I realize they aren't directly comparable, but how is the trigger on the XD-E as compared to the XD-S?

My brother in law had a XD-S that shot well, but the trigger wasn't near as nice as my P320.
My boss also has an XD-S & his trigger is the same as my b-i-l's former XD-S.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15151 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:
I realize they aren't directly comparable, but how is the trigger on the XD-E as compared to the XD-S?

My brother in law had a XD-S that shot well, but the trigger wasn't near as nice as my P320.
My boss also has an XD-S & his trigger is the same as my b-i-l's former XD-S.

All the XD-S's that I've handled have had terrible triggers, and the square-ish grip frame wasn't at all comfortable. I went into an LGS a couple weeks ago and fondled an XD-E. It felt better but I was disappointed in the trigger. I expected it to have a nicer trigger than a striker gun, but both the Shield 2.0 and the G43 that I compared it to had better triggers. It is better than the XD-S trigger, though. I've never handled a P320 so I can't compare it to that.

Posts: 7244 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good news - I’m glad to see it. I have an XD-E and it’s about as close as I can get to a S&W 3914. I like the thumb safety on the XD-E better than the safety on the 3913/14. Now if they would just downsize it and chamber it in .380 ... Smile

Posts: 419 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: September 01, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GeoJelly:
Good news - I’m glad to see it. I have an XD-E and it’s about as close as I can get to a S&W 3914. I like the thumb safety on the XD-E better than the safety on the 3913/14. Now if they would just downsize it and chamber it in .380 ... Smile

I bought an XDE 3.3 when they first came out. Well finished, nice slim carry gun. Very accurate for its size and gives me the greatest amount of trigger slap of any handgun I have ever shot. Makes it very unpleasant to train and shoot.

Galloway Precision has a new trigger and hammer in development that I hope will eventually cure this. We will see, until then, this one basically sits.

NRA Patron Member, Instructor and CRSO
NC CCH Instructor
GRNC Life Member
VCDL Member

Posts: 1832 | Registered: April 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Take the risk or
lose the chance
posted Hide Post
Couldn't have said it any better myself, pingman. I really like the gun & the operating system but the trigger absolutely sucks. Mine sits in the safe while I await Galloway's trigger remedy - something they've been "working on" for almost a year now. The trigger is a deal breaker unless Galloway's fix comes to fruition.

----------------------------------------
“The further a society drifts from truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.”

Posts: 1475 | Location: RR12 | Registered: February 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Florida Gun Exchange was selling gear up pkg including xde pistol, 5 mags and range bag for $379. So far this appears to be a very serviceable pistol with decent double and single action trigger pulls. According to my Timney trigger gauge my XDE has 10.5# double action pull and a 5# single action pull. Using snap caps, the trigger is up to the task as a defensive shooter. Real proof will come when I get time to shoot it at 10-15 yards. The grip is exceedingly nice. The rough area is revealed to be like tiny twigs, tightly meshed to give very secure grip without any abrasion. Definitely superior to sandpaper grips of Smith & Wesson and others.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Mountain Walker,

Posts: 2047 | Location: East Central Toadsuck, Florida | Registered: September 04, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
carried in a purse with no holster.

How on earth is any gun ok for this?

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10966 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pingman274:
I bought an XDE 3.3 when they first came out. Well finished, nice slim carry gun. Very accurate for its size and gives me the greatest amount of trigger slap of any handgun I have ever shot. Makes it very unpleasant to train and shoot.

Galloway Precision has a new trigger and hammer in development that I hope will eventually cure this. We will see, until then, this one basically sits.

Hey Pingman: are you getting that trigger slap from a 45ACP gun?

Posts: 2047 | Location: East Central Toadsuck, Florida | Registered: September 04, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by elde:
Couldn't have said it any better myself, pingman. I really like the gun & the operating system but the trigger absolutely sucks. Mine sits in the safe while I await Galloway's trigger remedy - something they've been "working on" for almost a year now. The trigger is a deal breaker unless Galloway's fix comes to fruition.

Hey Elde, are you getting that trigger slap from a 45ACP gun? I have a G23 which has same problem.

Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mountain Walker:
quote:
Originally posted by pingman274:

Hey Pingman: are you getting that trigger slap from a 45ACP gun?

No, the 9mm. I’ve had several exchanges with both Galloway and XDMan about this issue. Both have acknowledged various reports of the same. Maybe it’s an individual pistol thing.

NC CCH Instructor
GRNC Life Member
VCDL Member

posted Hide Post
MThanks Pingman. Local events preclude shooting for 30 days.I am curious how this turns out. This seems like a good reason to send in for repair. Sure would get their attention and they might repair it or exchange for one that doesn’t have the problem.

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I am not
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hrcjon:
quote:

you beat me to it!!!

Posts: 7791 | Location: Bismarck ND | Registered: February 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I run trains!
Picture of SigM4
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin101:
quote:
Originally posted by hrcjon:
quote:

you beat me to it!!!

How about if it’s a purse with a purpose built compartment for the gun, like an interior sleeve?

Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Complacency sucks…

Posts: 5423 | Location: Wichita, KS (for now)…always a Texan… | Registered: April 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Take the risk or
lose the chance
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by elde:

Hey Elde, are you getting that trigger slap from a 45ACP gun? I have a G23 which has same problem.

It's a 9mm. Hoping Galloway comes up with a fix. Positives are that I like the way the gun feels in my hand & it's pretty accurate for what it is.
If no fix happens it'll be off to the consignment area @ LGS.

----------------------------------------
“The further a society drifts from truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.”

Posts: 1475 | Location: RR12 | Registered: February 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
MThanks Pingman. Local events preclude shooting for 30 days.I am curious how this turns out. This seems like a good reason to send in for repair. Sure would get their attention and they might repair it or exchange for one that doesn’t have the problem.

Don’t think that’s going to work. I sent a note to Springfield customer service and got this response:

Thank you for contacting Springfield Armory. Because that model has a unique trigger the only thing we can offer is a recommendation to place your finger up higher on the face of the trigger to reduce that.

Have a great day!

Penne| Customer Service Team Leader
Springfield Armory®
420 West Main Street
Geneseo, IL 61254

NC CCH Instructor
GRNC Life Member
VCDL Member