SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    I Bought An 1851 Richards/Mason Conversion
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I Bought An 1851 Richards/Mason Conversion Login/Join 
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted
I already have an Armi San Marco C. Richards reproduction, but I wanted the improved Colt conversion also. My new pistol is an Uberti and I have to say the quality is outstanding. It was an expensive gun, but the quality and refinement reflects it.

I love to shoot, these are an 11 on the fun scale without having to get to black powder or obsolete exotic cartridges.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34084 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've always been interested in the conversion pistols and everyone's attempts to get around the Rollin/White patent. Thanks for sharing this.

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain

Posts: 3505 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I looked hard at the conversions when I was in the market. I ended up with a Cimarron(Uberti) 1871 Colt Open Top replica in 44cal. I was most impressed with the fit and finish, but these are not cheap to buy.

I have run a fair amount of ammo through mine, and am 100% happy with my purchase. These old handguns have always fascinated me, but I don't do black powder any more.....kept the guns incase I change my mind.

Posts: 6601 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
No they are not cheap, but you can't put a price on the fun these give.

They are hand fitted pistols and that cost in labor.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34084 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1KPerDay
posted Hide Post
awesome. Conversions are the coolest revolvers ever IMO.

---------------------------
My hovercraft is full of eels.

Posts: 3188 | Registered: February 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mars_Attacks:
No they are not cheap, but you can't put a price on the fun these give.

They are hand fitted pistols and that cost in labor.

Could not agree more!!

Posts: 6601 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post