SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Legion Trigger Question
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Legion Trigger Question Login/Join 
Picture of TexasRaider
posted
I know I'm probably very, very late to the game on this, but I understand that only the early Sig P Classic pistols actually got the Gray Guns PSAIT trigger and that about two years after the gun came out, they started using a MIM look-alike. Not sure if that's true, so my questions are as thus:

1. When exactly did Sig start putting their own trigger in the P226 Legion?

2. Is there a S/N# cut-off that one can look at so as to know if that weapon is GG or MIM equipped, trigger wise?

Thanks, all....

Posts: 800 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: June 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Behold my
Radiance!
Picture of Grayguns
posted Hide Post
Hi! It’s a good question, and I might be able to give you some sort of cogent answer.

We manufactured about 74,000 machined P-SAIT’s for the Legion project, before our friends finally got their MIM tool finished and producing triggers to our specification. The MIM version is identical to our machined product in fit, geometry and contours. And, because it’s our design, it’s finished exceptionally well. We still get a royalty for that product, and I’m actually pretty proud of it.

Why? That would be an even better question for folks here who remember my long contest with Ron over MIM. I was never a particular fan of the process for many applications, and my company will always produce the world’s finest precision-machined and hand-finished triggers and other components. (Yes, we manually finished 74,000 Legion triggers, as we continue to do for our other products. We’re REALLY good at polishing stuff.)

However, there is an irresistible case to be made for MIM in appropriate applications. This may be one situation where cost / benefit favours a MIM trigger that does exactly the same job every bit as well. If that means the factory can produce more Legions and extend the life of that product so y’all can buy them, I’m frankly just fine with it. We’ll always continue to proudly make our perfect, old-school components for folks who care strongly about that value proposition, but I’m just as proud that our design made it to another 75,000 shooters who, because of economics, might not have had the chance.

BTW, there is no defined cutoff you can rely upon to get one, or the other.

As I do not ambulance-chase anyone of my fellow members on the beloved Forum, the OP is invited to let me know if he’d like a machined GGI trigger or complete upgrade system for his new Legion, on me.

Thanks for asking!

-Bruce

Designer and custom pistolsmith at Grayguns Inc. Privileged to be R&D consultant to the world's greatest maker of fine firearms: SIG SAUER

Visit us at http://opspectraining.com/product-cat/videos/ to order yours, and Thank You for making GGI the leader in custom SIG and HK pistolsmithing and high-grade components.

Bruce Gray, President
Grayguns Inc.
Grayguns.com / 888.585.4729

Posts: 9526 | Location: Reedsport & Spray, Oregon | Registered: October 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
Thanks for that explanation Bruce.... I'm still trying to understand what MIM means as compared to something else.... but maybe that's me.

I did put a Grayguns trigger in my brand-new Sig P320 and love it....seems lots of folks like flat triggers but you only had a curved at the time.... I may try some flat triggers from y'all next and I think I need one in my Sig P226 Legion in 357.

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Behold my
Radiance!
Picture of Grayguns
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Blume9mm:
Thanks for that explanation Bruce.... I'm still trying to understand what MIM means as compared to something else.... but maybe that's me.

I did put a Grayguns trigger in my brand-new Sig P320 and love it....seems lots of folks like flat triggers but you only had a curved at the time.... I may try some flat triggers from y'all next and I think I need one in my Sig P226 Legion in 357.

Just let me know what you’d like to try? Thanks!

-B

Designer and custom pistolsmith at Grayguns Inc. Privileged to be R&D consultant to the world's greatest maker of fine firearms: SIG SAUER

Visit us at http://opspectraining.com/product-cat/videos/ to order yours, and Thank You for making GGI the leader in custom SIG and HK pistolsmithing and high-grade components.

Bruce Gray, President
Grayguns Inc.
Grayguns.com / 888.585.4729

Posts: 9526 | Location: Reedsport & Spray, Oregon | Registered: October 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TexasRaider
posted Hide Post
Bruce,
Man, you blew me away, sir! I really was just looking for some info, didn't see that coming. Your generosity is humbling and kind beyond belief.

I very much appreciate the true facts behind the trigger story on those Legions, I really just thought that the supply ran out and Sig started putting in MIM triggers due to production need. Thanks for educating us all on the real story.

I would love to take you up on your offer, if you don't mind I'll contact you from the email in my profile.

Thank you again, sir!

Posts: 800 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: June 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Can you readily spot the MIM trigger from your trigger?

Posts: 93 | Location: Down South | Registered: October 25, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
I ended up buying the flat/straight trigger and bar from Gray Guns last week and installed them in my P226 Legion.... have yet to shoot it..

At the same time I put a flat/straight trigger on my P320....

The one issue I have with the P226 legion is because of the G10 grips my finger does not naturally go flush on the trigger... I was hoping the flat Gray Guns trigger would fix this but I don't think it did.

But it seems lots here say flat triggers are better.. and so we'll see. No complaints...

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I put a Dual Adjustable Straight Trigger in my Mk. 25. It's a much better than the curved trigger that came in it..

Posts: 35 | Registered: October 12, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TexasRaider
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Grayguns:

As I do not ambulance-chase anyone of my fellow members on the beloved Forum, the OP is invited to let me know if he’d like a machined GGI trigger or complete upgrade system for his new Legion, on me.

Thanks for asking!

-Bruce

Mr. Gray, if you're ok with it, I'd like to take you up on your offer. Is your Sig Forum contact the best way to get ahold of you?
Thanks again!

Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ihbwotrr:
Can you readily spot the MIM trigger from your trigger?

The back of the trigger is not solid.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post