SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Filing down the ridge in trigger guard of P30/P30sk
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Filing down the ridge in trigger guard of P30/P30sk Login/Join 
Picture of Prefontaine
posted
Who has done it? Did you do it yourself or send it off? Any pics?

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12622 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Security Sage
Picture of striker1
posted Hide Post
I did it on a P2000SK. Ended up selling that gun to another forum member. The ridge is a little annoying to me as is the trigger curve.

The easiest way to do it is a hand file first, followed by emery cloth, several passes with increasing fine grain.

RB

Cancer fighter (Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma) since 2009, now fighting Diffuse Large B-Cell Lymphoma.

Posts: 7133 | Location: Michiana | Registered: March 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Student of Weapons Craft
Picture of Exodus
posted Hide Post
No picture ATM, but I removed the groove on my VP9. I used a couple grades of sand paper cut into 1" wide strips. Finished with an emory board until it is smooth. It doesn't look perfect, but it is very functional.

Posts: 259 | Registered: June 25, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Student of Weapons Craft
Picture of Exodus
posted Hide Post
Here is a quick photo of my VP9. I still need to smooth out the area behind the trigger, but it isn't a priority.

20180612_220038 by Thomas Dunn, on Flickr

Posts: 259 | Registered: June 25, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post