SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Apparently Its Little Used .22 Month For Me. Smith K17 Outing
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Apparently Its Little Used .22 Month For Me. Smith K17 Outing Login/Join 
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted
I was likely about 5 when this old girl was born.
Why is that pertinent you ask? Well because this little old K17 looks and works just as good if not better now then back in the day.......I however........NOTSOMUCH....but I digress.

Anyway it seems I have had the itch to take some of my less used .22's to the range. First the Mark II a week or so ago and now this. Good stuff, cathartic, fun shooting with a good old .22. All double action if I do say so myself. Big Grin

Once again might I humbly suggest if you have the means to go shoot for FUN to burn off some of the stress of the current unpleasantness do so, you will thank me. Big Grin

Take care, shoot safe....try to have to fun. Remember life is too short and you are dead a long time. Big Grin
Chris

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7631 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have it’s 4 inch brother. Those are loads of fun. Thanks for the picture.

Posts: 7347 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
Very nice! I've been acquiring a lot of .22s lately as well...I'm actually headed to the LGS tomorrow in hopes of finding something similar. There's just something about a quality old .22 that's built to the same standards and heft of a "real" gun. I dig it!

Posts: 8417 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Good, bad, I'm the
guy with the gun
Picture of 45ProCarry
posted Hide Post
I have a 17-5 with the same grips. They are fun to shoot.

Posts: 2343 | Location: USA | Registered: May 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nice shooting! What kind of grips are those?

Jerry

Posts: 158 | Location: Oregon | Registered: November 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by j38:
Nice shooting! What kind of grips are those?

Jerry

They are VZ K frame square butt grips. I think tactical diamond and I think black cherry. It’s been a long time since I took the original target grips off.

These grips will likely not work for those with bear paws but for my smaller hands they are AWESOME and feel much better then the classic wood grips to me.

Posts: 7631 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
Great looking revolver, and some great shooting!

Posts: 13668 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
With ammo prices being what they are I've been thinking about getting a nice .22 pistol (see my recent post). Would be pretty happy if I could post a target like yours - nice shooting.

Unfortunately, experience has taught me that there's no such thing as a magic gun and in my hands even a tack driver has been known to momentarily lose its accuracy.

Posts: 541 | Location: Gunnison, CO | Registered: March 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That is a wonderful gun, you should shoot it more often. I bought a brand new Model 17-3 in 1974 or 75. I still have it. I think I have probably shot it more than any handgun I own. It is so easy to put it in the range bag along with some .22 ammo and fire a few rounds after shooting what ever else I have bought along.

Posts: 617 | Location: northern VA. | Registered: August 18, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
quote:
you should shoot it more often

You have no idea how many times I say this to myself for quite a few toys.

Surrounded by
Fruit Loops
Picture of Baran
posted Hide Post
Great looking pistol, after looking at every local shop, I managed to find a Model 17-9 the classic series NIB for the steal price of $699 found it on Gunsamerica. Received it Tuesday and took it out today with my almost 40 year old Ruger MK II.

Live shooting .22

Posts: 1523 | Location: Happy Valley, MA | Registered: November 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Who Woulda
Ever Thought?
posted Hide Post
Sweet. I have had a 17-3 for over 40 years.

Posts: 6587 | Registered: August 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
What s timeless classic. Oh, and it appears to shoot pretty good too!!! Smile

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36834 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Beautiful gun. I had one just like it with the factory target grips etc. It was so accurate it was boring (to me), plus loading it every 6 rounds. I ended up selling it to another forum member about 8 years ago, I kind of miss it sometimes.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I LOVE VZ Grips! And nothing is nicer than a Smith 17 or a Colt Officer's Model .22, feels so solid and over built for a .22.

Posts: 209 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: July 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post