SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    SIG 220 Sport
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SIG 220 Sport Login/Join 
posted
I walked in to a LGS about 30 seconds after someone traded in a SIG 220 Sport. Looked nice, great trigger and "off roster" in CA so I bought it. I can't find much info on it. My SIG knowledge is kind of thin in general.

The gun wears Hogue rubber grips, will this gun take regular SIG 220 grips? Any problem with the magazine seating fully with the change?

I reload 45 ACP, mostly 1911 and Smith 25 revolver types. What's best for the 220?

Any info on tweaks, accessories or "leave it alone" appreciated.

Posts: 7 | Registered: November 12, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
Does it have the compensator? There were multiple runs of the 220 Sport stock that doesn’t have the comp. the later ones of these have a beavertail and a standard Sig Rail. Yes standard 220 mags work. The main differences are the target sights, extended controls, and match barrel.

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"The deals you miss don’t hurt you”-B.D. Raney Sr.
posted Hide Post
Pics, or it didn’t happen. Smile

Posts: 6301 | Location: East Texas | Registered: February 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
The grips are interchangeable from a 1995 in .38 Super to as recently as a 2015 in 10mm. They'll work fine with your P220 and mags.

If it were mine, I'd look into some checkered aluminum grips. That and loading a bunch of 45s Wink

Posts: 9142 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8865 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
this one:

or this one:

Posts: 2211 | Registered: October 17, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dfletcher1801:
quote:
Originally posted by airbubba:
this one:

This one, with the comp and front sight on it, not on the slide. I unfortunately can't do pictures because a) CA makes gun stores wait 30 days for PD check to ensure the gun isn't stolen and b) despite graduating from a gun safe to a gun room I still have to do a 10 day wait on most guns.

From the photos it appears that although the grips extend beyond the frame bottom the bumper slips in between and doesn't seat against them.

I like the Grey Works flat trigger. Will swapping out screw up what is an otherwise perfect SA trigger pull?

posted Hide Post
do you mean like this?

you might try the factory trigger & see how you like it.

no guarantee unless you like a straight trigger & the end result in the 220s.

posted Hide Post
My mistake - it's Grayguns.

https://grayguns.com/product/p...le-straight-trigger/

The issue trigger is excellent. I just prefer the straight trigger and would switch out if it doesn't change the SA pull.

posted Hide Post
it might be worth an email or phone call to ggi to ask if anything will be changed.

Picture of stormwalker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dfletcher1801:
My mistake - it's Grayguns.

https://grayguns.com/product/p...le-straight-trigger/

The issue trigger is excellent. I just prefer the straight trigger and would switch out if it doesn't change the SA pull.

The P220 Sport Frame is machined for the skinny trigger, so that would be a negative for aftermarket triggers.

Posts: 545 | Location: Florida | Registered: December 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Great Equalizer
Picture of colt_saa
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stormwalker:
The P220 Sport Frame is machined for the skinny trigger, so that would be a negative for aftermarket triggers.
I never paid close attention to mine. I will check my P220 Sport when I get home, to see if it has a 8MM or 10 MM trigger

However I know that the P220 Sport Stock frames were cut for both the 8MM and 10MM triggers at various times. I have never noticed a pattern to define which was when. I remember this because many of the frames with the 10MM sots had 8MM triggers put in them and there were plenty of complaints when the last couple of runs hit the United States

------------------------------------------------------------------
NRA Benefactor . . . Certified Instructor . . . Certified RSO
SWCA

356TSW.com
45talk.com
RacingPlanetUSA.Com

Posts: 5179 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: November 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of stormwalker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by colt_saa:
quote:
Originally posted by stormwalker:
I never paid close attention to mine. I will check my P220 Sport when I get home, to see if it has a 8MM or 10 MM trigger

However I know that the P220 Sport Stock frames were cut for both the 8MM and 10MM triggers at various times. I have never noticed a pattern to define which was when. I remember this because many of the frames with the 10MM sots had 8MM triggers put in them and there were plenty of complaints when the last couple of runs hit the United States

Mine had the thinner trigger, and the COMP rail was the old propriety one as well.

Posts: 545 | Location: Florida | Registered: December 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
There was an insanely small number of the short reach triggers made as 8mm wide.

I have only seen one of them. Guess where it is. Big Grin

Posts: 9142 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Great Equalizer
Picture of colt_saa
posted Hide Post
Yes sir

My P220 Sport has the 8MM frame cut and trigger

SWCA

356TSW.com
45talk.com
RacingPlanetUSA.Com

Posts: 5179 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: November 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Great Equalizer
Picture of colt_saa
posted Hide Post
Well as long as I had it out to check the trigger, I took a new picture of it tonight as well

SWCA

356TSW.com
45talk.com
RacingPlanetUSA.Com

Picture of stormwalker
posted Hide Post
Very nice indeed. I regret parting with mine.

posted Hide Post
I love the Sig P220 Sport...

Actually, I love all the Sport models. They are fantastic pistols. Smile

Posts: 1324 | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
Well as long as we are flexin'... Big Grin

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29683 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Colt SAA, like the grips. Very nice pistol.

A Perpetual Disappointment...

Posts: 2735 | Location: BFE, Ohio | Registered: August 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post