SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Rented a P365, P365 SAS and the S/A Hellcat
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Rented a P365, P365 SAS and the S/A Hellcat Login/Join 
Picture of Alex35
posted
I rented all three. I was very happy with the Sig P365. The sights on the P356 SAS are not for me. The standard P365 is just an amazing gun. The sights the trigger and the recoil make it a great package. The sig is a very comfortable and accurate gun to shoot for its size. The trigger I find to be far superior on the Sig to the Hellcat. The Hellcat's recoil felt like the sting from a .40 caliber Glock after a few rounds.

Posts: 187 | Registered: February 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sjames
posted Hide Post
I’ve found that I shoot my 365 remarkably well and it carries like a dream.

Sig got this one right...(after the striker debacle)

Posts: 2505 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: August 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the update. I am considering both.

-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor

Posts: 7942 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm really enjoying the SAS sights. For me it's very quick on target and eliminates the problem I've had with sights and my vision.

Posts: 17139 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have had 2 P365s and now a Hellcat. One of the Sigs I traded the other I gave to a very good friend. The Grip on the P365 felt like a broom handle. The Hellcat looks and feels like a mini-double stack and is easy to hold. I installed a Powder River trigger kit that reduced the pull weight from 6.5 lbs to 4. Both guns are very accurate for their size but I prefer the Hellcat.

Bill

Posts: 137 | Registered: February 04, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Beanhead
posted Hide Post
I don’t care if the Hellcat can make me shoot like John Wick.

Eff Springfield Armory!

Posts: 1349 | Location: Georgia | Registered: May 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tinyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ruger357:
Thanks for the update. I am considering both.

#1 My P365 is my daily carry. Can't speak for the others but would buy another P365.

#2 Roll Tide back atcha

Tinyman

Stupid people are like glo-sticks.
I want to shake the shit out of them
till the light comes on

Posts: 315 | Location: Leeds, Alabama | Registered: August 28, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rockchalk06
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Alex35:
The trigger I find to be far superior on the Sig to the Hellcat. The Hellcat's recoil felt like the sting from a .40 caliber Glock after a few rounds.

The one my range had, wasn’t for rent, but I did get to mess with it. Trigger didn’t feel near as nice and my P365. It did feel a lot more tacky though.

The few people around my area have compared the recoil to that of the Shield 40. I wonder if a 147 grain bullet would tame it some?

Posts: 1363 | Location: OK | Registered: April 13, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've had a standard 365 for a little over a year. Was my go to CC in the AZ heat. No issues with function. Trigger was ok but felt spongy to me. Accurate.
I did get a hellcat and mounted the shield rmr on it. Trigger is a little more glock like. Also accurate. The dot is a big help for my older eyes. I normally shoot with glasses but find I can get grouped hits out to 20 yards with the dot, without my glasses.

Posts: 1659 | Location: SC | Registered: December 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ditched the Hellcat, more brisk recoil, though I liked the size better, just a tad more grip for me, and really nice job with thw extended mag. In the end my P365 won out, also due to my manual safety. I plan on an XL when safety version shows up.

Posts: 1153 | Location: Decatur, GA | Registered: November 14, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post