SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    The Trilogy is Complete - received my P229 Legion SAO - **Family Portrait added**
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Trilogy is Complete - received my P229 Legion SAO - **Family Portrait added** Login/Join 
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted
Many years ago I had “ST-riplets” P226ST, P220ST, and P229ST. Of those, the P229ST is the only one I still have.

In Jan 2017 I bought a P226 Legion SAO and loved it. One of my first thoughts after getting it was ”Man, I sure hope they do a P229 SAO”. I got all jazzed last year when out it was announced, followed by despair as they seemed to be vaporwear.

Stumbled into a good deal on the P220 Legion SAO in October, rationalizing it as it would be nice to do the triplet thing again should the P229 SAO materialize. Had a little scare over the finish on it, totally resolved with application of some oil. Shoots great, wasn’t a big fan of my P220ST, but the Legion SAO is a different story.

Last week the gun fairy (otherwise known as forum member DaBigBR) whispered to me that he had one available and now, to complete the hat-trick, my P229 Legion SAO arrived today!

I love the SAO’s, don’t think I’ll break this trio up.

Kudos to DaBigBR for a good deal and fast shipping.

And a big Fuck You to WA state with three more standard capacity magazines on the street and not getting a nickel of sales tax.

Will take proper photos later this week.

ST throwback:

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 911Boss,

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10937 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jac1304
posted Hide Post
Very nice, stack those standard capacity mags deep..

Posts: 908 | Location: Snohomish, WA | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nice. I really want to get a 226 before July 1. Sideshow Bob wants your mags!

Posts: 11 | Registered: June 11, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jac1304:
Very nice, stack those standard capacity mags deep..

Need to order another six or so, my P229ST is .40. Mags seem to work ok with my 9mm conversion barrel, but would rather have the 9mm mags before I become a criminal.

quote:
Originally posted by Selous Scout:
Nice. I really want to get a 226 before July 1. Sideshow Bob wants your mags!

He can suck a soft turd from my hairy... Can’t wait to leave this state.

On the bright side this lunacy has provided the motivation to turn a few fantasies into realities (MPX a couple years back and more recently M1A)

Posts: 10937 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jack of All Trades,
Master of Nothing
Picture of 2000Z-71
posted Hide Post
Really want to hear a range report on the 229SAO. That's a gun I've wanted Sig to make for a very long time.

My daughter can deflate your daughter's soccer ball.

Posts: 11765 | Location: Eagle River, AK | Registered: September 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 2000Z-71:
Really want to hear a range report on the 229SAO. That's a gun I've wanted Sig to make for a very long time.

Hoping to get to the range on Friday...

Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
Took the family portrait today...

Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
^^^ That is super nice.

Q

Posts: 26376 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Cool!

I'm thinking about putting together an extra set of P220s. I do like the Legion Trifecta.

Posts: 9152 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man of few words

Picture of remsig
posted Hide Post
Very cool pics and nice looking guns 911boss!

Posts: 7859 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: July 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
Range report:

Took it to the range today and put 50 rounds of Blazer Brass 124gr FMJ though it. Shoots like a dream, crisp trigger, very little excess travel and VERY nice reset.

FFL (DaBigBR) measured the trigger at 4lbs before he shipped it and I wouldn't be surprised if it was even a touch lighter, of course it could be that it is just a smooth 4lb. My initial thought is it shoots better than either the P226 or P220. I would have to shoot them side by side to be sure though. Today was just a quick trip to wring it out and run some ammo through my EDC P365 as well.

Next range trip will be all the Legions and will do some side-by-side comparisons.

A closeup...

And the "Test Target", 50 rounds at 10 yards...

posted Hide Post
You going to add the p938 legion to that collection?

Posts: 661 | Location: The realm of Texas | Registered: February 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
^^^ That is super nice.

quote:
Originally posted by remsig:
Very cool pics and nice looking guns 911boss!

Thanks!

Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
Great pic of the Legions.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36840 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mhughes:
You going to add the p938 legion to that collection?

I have a P938 SAS, won’t be getting the Legion. Actually think of selling it after picking up the P365.

posted Hide Post
Wow, nice collection. The P229 is one of my favorites, and have been eyeing the SAO one, glad they finally released it.

Posts: 760 | Location: Athol, ID | Registered: October 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of smlsig
posted Hide Post
That's some nice eye candy you have there!

------------------
Eddie

Our Founding Fathers were men who understood that the right thing is not necessarily the written thing. -kkina

Posts: 6316 | Location: In transit | Registered: February 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rockchalk06
posted Hide Post
Gorgeous man. I’m saving up for one now. I really wanted a Glock 43x a little more, so I got it first. I’ll have one soon enough. They are sexy. My P226 Legion SAO needs a little brother bad. He told me so last week Wink

Posts: 1363 | Location: OK | Registered: April 13, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had the privilege of handling this gun almost excessively before sending it on and the trigger is sensational. It's the first SAO Legion I've handled, so maybe they're all this good...but it is GOOD. I have a 226 Elite SAO and the triggers are night and day. Sig really did great work on this gun.

Great pics, 911 Boss!

Posts: 5163 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
Untitled by Wayne Wilson, on Flickr