SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Some X5 Match video from last weekend
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Some X5 Match video from last weekend Login/Join 
posted
I haven't posted any match videos here for awhile since they mostly get posted on other forms of social media so I thought I'd share one.

I am really digging shooting the P320 X5 in competition and with a few aftermarket parts I've got mine up to 41 oz which helps the gun shoot flatter and softer. Have about a month to get some practice in for Nationals down in Florida.

Video from last weekends Area 4 Championship in Van Buren, Arkansas

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wUnVbtSRUE8

Posts: 2486 | Location: Southern Minnesota | Registered: March 15, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nice!! I am subbed to your channel but didn't have notifications on. Great job. I will be shooting the x5 in production at Nationals!! I shot a classifier match Sunday and hopefully made b class.

classifier match 320x5

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2l5fEh4Wve0

p229Extreme/P226Tac-Ops/P226 Extreme/P226 SAO) P226 X-5 Blue Moon/P226 X-5 Black and White

Posts: 750 | Registered: March 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Newf
posted Hide Post
Nice shooting! Picked up a 320 X5+Romeo1 earlier this year and have now transitioned to it exclusively for IPSC competition - it's a great combo that's working out really well.

Posts: 920 | Location: Canada | Registered: June 05, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1KPerDay
posted Hide Post
Cool stuff!

---------------------------
My hovercraft is full of eels.

Posts: 3203 | Registered: February 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JonFrost:
Nice!! I am subbed to your channel but didn't have notifications on. Great job. I will be shooting the x5 in production at Nationals!! I shot a classifier match Sunday and hopefully made b class.

classifier match 320x5

I subbed to your channel as well. Good luck on achieving B-Class in Production. B-Class is where the rubber starts hitting the road and it certainly takes some commitment to rise into A-Class.

I am sitting at 72% in Carry Optics right now and with the recent changes to classifier numbers it is going to take a bunch of work to hit 75% and cross over into A-Class. The top B-Class shooter from last weekends match finished 12th overall for the entire match and beat several Grand Masters so the classifications are not perfect.

I'll be shooting the PM/AM/PM schedule at Optics Nationals next month so if you see me on the range stop by and say "Hi". I always like meeting my imaginary Facebook and Sigforum friends.

Good luck at Nats.

Posts: 2486 | Location: Southern Minnesota | Registered: March 15, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tha1000
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WildSig:
quote:

classifier match 320x5

I subbed to your channel as well. Good luck on achieving B-Class in Production. B-Class is where the rubber starts hitting the road and it certainly takes some commitment to rise into A-Class.

I am sitting at 72% in Carry Optics right now and with the recent changes to classifier numbers it is going to take a bunch of work to hit 75% and cross over into A-Class. The top B-Class shooter from last weekends match finished 12th overall for the entire match and beat several Grand Masters so the classifications are not perfect.

I'll be shooting the PM/AM/PM schedule at Optics Nationals next month so if you see me on the range stop by and say "Hi". I always like meeting my imaginary Facebook and Sigforum friends.

Good luck at Nats.

Luigi is a notorious sandbagger. So notorious that I posted this without even verifying that he is the one you are talking about.

Posts: 5383 | Location: MS | Registered: June 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tha1000:
Luigi is a notorious sandbagger. So notorious that I posted this without even verifying that he is the one you are talking about.

Big Grin You are a smart man.

The guy that took second B had a series of really low classifiers and 1 100% as well. I thought the biggest gamers were in golf.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Newf:
Nice shooting! Picked up a 320 X5+Romeo1 earlier this year and have now transitioned to it exclusively for IPSC competition - it's a great combo that's working out really well.

I started with a first gen Romeo 1 and just didn't like the size and brightness of the dot.

I have moved onto the Vortex lines on all of my stuff and couldn't be happier.

Picture of Newf
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Newf:

I started with a first gen Romeo 1 and just didn't like the size and brightness of the dot.

I have moved onto the Vortex lines on all of my stuff and couldn't be happier.

First RDS for me so nothing to compare to, but mine is a Gen5 version and no issues personally with dot size (3MOA) or brightness, even on sunny days. Good luck with the Nationals!

Posts: 920 | Location: Canada | Registered: June 05, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
All that speed and time sure puts you in some awkward looking shooting positions. Seems like shuffling the feet from target to target, sometimes all the body weight on right foot, sometimes all on the left and the right is above ground. If you didnt stop in time, you'd lose your balance. Just an observation. All good shooting sir.

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This is one of the reasons why I've switched to having someone record stages from behind instead of using a POV camera like a GoPro. That and the whole sponsor thing. POV only shows what you are looking at. It doesn't show footwork, if you are overshooting positions and missed opportunities for speed.

If you look at the stage with the 4 pieces of steel, the swinger and drop turner I wasted at least 2 seconds standing there waiting for the drop turner to drop. If I would have used that time to shoot the swinger instead of waiting for the drop turner I would have finished much higher on that stage.

The game is purely how many points can you score per second and in order to accomplish that you need to be moving from position to position quickly and that means shooting on the way in and on the way out and if possible on the way to the next shooting position. Standing around shooting at targets is wasted time. Taking full strides between positions is typically what gets people in trouble with being out of control because they overshoot their next position even though a couple of mine looked out of control.

I shot 93.29% of the available points and had one Mike and one No-Shoot with an adjusted percentage of 91.90%. Not bad for an old pudgy guy.

7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
Heck, I thought you shot good. It is a fast pace of a match. BTW, I used to get to Van Buren often as my companies main terminal was there. Wish I could have watched your video on a monitor.

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Cobra21
posted Hide Post
Great video. Fun to watch what I only dream of...

Risk the consequences of honesty...

Posts: 4498 | Location: DFW, TX | Registered: December 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redhookbklyn
posted Hide Post
Good shooting, best wishes at the Nationals and thanks for sharing the video.

“There is love in me the likes of which you’ve never seen. There is rage in me the likes of which should never escape."
—Mary Shelley, Frankenstein

Posts: 1929 | Location: South Carolina  | Registered: January 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tha1000
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Big Grin You are a smart man.

The guy that took second B had a series of really low classifiers and 1 100% as well. I thought the biggest gamers were in golf.

The biggest gamers are in USPSA B class. Luigi is a master level shooter... he seems to only shoot majors and shoots a lot of different divisions... probably not fair to call him a sand bagger as I don't know that he tanks classifiers, it's just hard to match bump with the current rule set and B class was a pretty difficult class to get out of, imo.

Posts: 5383 | Location: MS | Registered: June 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

classifier match 320x5

Good luck at Nats.

Thank you! I did make b class but know it's going to be a lot of work to get to A class. I hope to see you there!

p229Extreme/P226Tac-Ops/P226 Extreme/P226 SAO) P226 X-5 Blue Moon/P226 X-5 Black and White

posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

LOL I know him. Good guy but he shot a classifier at our match a few weeks ago and blew the reload. The only reload he missed all day was the classifier, everyone called him a sandbagger. Great shooter.
classifier match 320x5

Good luck at Nats.

posted Hide Post
quote:
The biggest gamers are in USPSA B class. Luigi is a master level shooter... he seems to only shoot majors and shoots a lot of different divisions... probably not fair to call him a sand bagger as I don't know that he tanks classifiers, it's just hard to match bump with the current rule set and B class was a pretty difficult class to get out of, imo.

I just looked and they have Luigi shooting on the Carry Optics Super Squad for Nationals. If they recognize his ability in this way then they need to take his B classification away from him as well.

Picture of tha1000
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

I just looked and they have Luigi shooting on the Carry Optics Super Squad for Nationals. If they recognize his ability in this way then they need to take his B classification away from him as well.

He's not of that level, to be honest. Probably more a reflection of a lack of heat in the division than anything else.

ETA: He finished 12th last year, generally top 16 is super squad for the following year... I believe is the case. He shot 83% of Max.

The guys shooting carry optics that you would think would be in the super squad aren't because they didn't shoot Optics Nats last year or because they are shooting Open or pcc instead this year.

Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Nice footwork dude....

Posts: 13804 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post