SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Help me identify this gun
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Help me identify this gun Login/Join 
posted
Hello, a dear friend passed away and the family wants to give me one of his guns. They have offered this gun, and I cant seem to identify it. The slide safety has me perplexed. Does anyone know what gun this is? I dont want to ask the family for another photo as I think its disrespectful to ask for another photo of the "gift horse's teeth".

https://www.smugmug.com/app/organize/Guns/i-XzmPCLL

Posts: 2 | Registered: June 15, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of craigcpa
posted Hide Post
How to Post pictures in SigForum.

==========================================
Just my 2¢

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right ♫♫♫

Posts: 7731 | Location: Raleighwood | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the forum!

I'll look at it. Just send us your username and password for Smugmug and... Don't do that actually.

Your link is requesting a user name and password before the pictures are shown. Do you have another image hosting possibility?

Posts: 9142 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Comic Relief
Picture of Eponym
posted Hide Post
The rumored "ghost gun"?

Welcome to SIGforum!

Posts: 4817 | Location: Indianapolis, IN | Registered: September 28, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Obviously, it's tough to say without being able to see your photos.

But if it's a SIG with a slide mounted safety, that narrows it down quite a bit. The only ones I'm familiar with that have safeties on the slide are the SIG Mosquito, which is a .22 that was offered in a variety of finishes and configurations, or a very small number of 9mm P239s, SP2009s, and SP2022s that were produced with slide safeties.

Mosquito:

P239:

SP2009:

SP2022:

Posts: 32494 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sorry folks it’s the mosquito.

quote:
Originally posted by FX-Foto:
Hello, a dear friend passed away and the family wants to give me one of his guns. They have offered this gun, and I cant seem to identify it. The slide safety has me perplexed. Does anyone know what gun this is? I dont want to ask the family for another photo as I think its disrespectful to ask for another photo of the "gift horse's teeth".

https://www.smugmug.com/app/organize/Guns/i-XzmPCLL

Posts: 2 | Registered: June 15, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
That's a Mosquito

Posts: 107502 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Yup. Mosquito.

Posts: 9142 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post