SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    38 Super Day...
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

38 Super Day... Login/Join 
posted
Loaded up some 38 super rounds this week. I was finally able to take my recently acquired (Via a member here) P220 38 super to the range today. After making a small adjustment to the sights I have her shooting great. Brought along my STI DVC 38S and Les Baer 38S.

Posts: 246 | Location: Chicago Area | Registered: November 16, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
3° that never cooled
Picture of rock185
posted Hide Post
I've been a 38 Super fan for a very long time, and you have some very nice ones there.

NRA Life

Posts: 1561 | Location: Under the Tonto Rim | Registered: August 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
Another fan of the .38 Super

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36834 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by brianfede:
Loaded up some 38 super rounds this week. I was finally able to take my recently acquired (Via a member here) P220 38 super to the range today. After making a small adjustment to the sights I have her shooting great. Brought along my STI DVC 38S and Les Baer 38S.

Ooooh, I'll take the one on the right, please.

Posts: 1251 | Location: Oregon | Registered: March 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of got2hav1
posted Hide Post
Nice .38 Supers everyone. I picked up this one a month or so ago. Colt Special Combat Government. Shoots great !

JEREMIAH 33:3

Posts: 2745 | Location: Eastern NC | Registered: March 14, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nice 38 supers. That's my favorite round but I long ago sold all my 38 Supers. Had two SVI Infinity handguns with Schumann ported barrels, a couple of STI V.I.Ps, a Sig P220 and four Colt Special Combat Government models (2 two tone and 2 all hard chrome/stainless).

A long time ago when I was young I had some very nice handguns and regret selling many of them.

Posts: 991 | Location: Carrollton, Texas | Registered: November 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Wins
Picture of Micropterus
posted Hide Post
I love the .38 Super. I only currently own one and have only ever owned two. I had a Colt Enhanced Commander SS that I actually carried as a CCW loaded with Winchester Silver Tip HPs. I foolishly sold it years ago.

Now I have a Colt Gov't 70 Series. One day I'll get around to shooting it.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Micropterus,

Posts: 4285 | Location: In The Swamp | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of hjs157
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Micropterus:

Gorgeous pistol! Despite many hiccups over the years, Colt has really raised the bar. With overall quality much improved, they really hit one out of the park with the retro roll-mark and the Series 70 firing system. Congratulations on your new pistol.

Posts: 3488 | Location: Western PA | Registered: July 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by got2hav1:
Nice .38 Supers everyone. I picked up this one a month or so ago. Colt Special Combat Government. Shoots great !

Don't own a Colt 1911 but was thinking about buying that exact model. Really sweet.

Posts: 246 | Location: Chicago Area | Registered: November 16, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of got2hav1
posted Hide Post
I've got a couple of Ed Brown's and a Night Hawk, this Colt is on par with both of them IMO. So yeah just check it out good, because I have seen some Colts lately with mushy safeties.

JEREMIAH 33:3

Posts: 2745 | Location: Eastern NC | Registered: March 14, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I picked up a P220 38 Super KE a couple of weeks ago.

I had an RI and a Colt Commander prior.

Posts: 11744 | Location: Western Oklahoma | Registered: June 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I’m a big fan of the 38 Super round and reload for it.

Posts: 1096 | Location: Orange Park, FL. | Registered: November 26, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pizza Bob
posted Hide Post
I used a .38 Super for several years in USPSA and ICORE competition, until I got my 929.

627-4 PC made for Bangers Distributors.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

NRA Benefactor Member

Posts: 1448 | Location: Central NJ | Registered: January 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
I love the .38 Super. I only currently own one and have only ever owned two. I had a Colt Enhanced Commander SS that I actually carried as a CCW loaded with Winchester Silver Tip HPs. I foolishly sold it years ago.

I picked up a similar model made in 1975 a couple years ago,

not as crisp as the one you picked, but nice,

then sold off the early RIA I had in 38 super, since the Colt is, well a Colt and I did not need 2 1911's in .38 Super,

I have not had a chance to shoot it either

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10409 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Wins
Picture of Micropterus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by usncorpsman:

That is one nice Combat Commander. Who built it? Is it hard chromed?

Posts: 4285 | Location: In The Swamp | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by usncorpsman:

That is one nice Combat Commander. Who built it? Is it hard chromed?

Thank you. It was built by Don Williams of the Action Works. It has a Kart Match barrel and is indeed hard chromed in a matte finish.

Posts: 1096 | Location: Orange Park, FL. | Registered: November 26, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Delta-3
posted Hide Post
Very nice 38 Supers!
I too reload for mine. My favorite is my DW Guardian. I find I shoot it more than any other handguns I have.

Rom 13:4 If you do evil, be afraid. For he does not bear the sword in vain. For he is God's minister, an avenger to execute wrath on him who practices evil.

Posts: 702 | Location: NW Ohio but Montana is always home. | Registered: September 30, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P-220:
Another fan of the .38 Super

There is something about this Colt I love. Something about it’s proportions and simple lines. I think you have posted before and I may have commented before but I dig this gun.

As far as .38 super I have never owned one but it is such a fun round. Almost an early 20th century .357 SIG if you will.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7631 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
Thank you.

The Colt has definitely benefitted from a KART barrel. When I first bought it, I was shooting patterns, now I shoot groups.

There is something I have always loved about the Combat Commander, ever since I bought my first one in 1976, at the age of 15, a Satin Combat Commander in .45.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36834 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post