SIGforum
38 Super Day...

This topic can be found at:
http://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/430601935/m/7990048674

November 21, 2020, 01:08 PM
brianfede
38 Super Day...
Loaded up some 38 super rounds this week. I was finally able to take my recently acquired (Via a member here) P220 38 super to the range today. After making a small adjustment to the sights I have her shooting great. Brought along my STI DVC 38S and Les Baer 38S.
November 21, 2020, 01:17 PM
rock185
I've been a 38 Super fan for a very long time, and you have some very nice ones there.


COTEP #640, NRA Life
November 21, 2020, 05:29 PM
P-220
Another fan of the .38 Super






Niech Zyje P-220

Steve
November 21, 2020, 05:33 PM
dehughes
quote:
Originally posted by brianfede:
Loaded up some 38 super rounds this week. I was finally able to take my recently acquired (Via a member here) P220 38 super to the range today. After making a small adjustment to the sights I have her shooting great. Brought along my STI DVC 38S and Les Baer 38S.


Ooooh, I'll take the one on the right, please.


________________
tempus edax rerum
November 21, 2020, 09:15 PM
got2hav1
Nice .38 Supers everyone. I picked up this one a month or so ago. Colt Special Combat Government. Shoots great !




JEREMIAH 33:3
November 21, 2020, 10:03 PM
QB Too
Nice 38 supers. That's my favorite round but I long ago sold all my 38 Supers. Had two SVI Infinity handguns with Schumann ported barrels, a couple of STI V.I.Ps, a Sig P220 and four Colt Special Combat Government models (2 two tone and 2 all hard chrome/stainless).

A long time ago when I was young I had some very nice handguns and regret selling many of them.
November 22, 2020, 08:19 AM
Micropterus
I love the .38 Super. I only currently own one and have only ever owned two. I had a Colt Enhanced Commander SS that I actually carried as a CCW loaded with Winchester Silver Tip HPs. I foolishly sold it years ago.

Now I have a Colt Gov't 70 Series. One day I'll get around to shooting it.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Micropterus,


_____________
"I enter a swamp as a sacred place—a sanctum sanctorum. There is the strength—the marrow of Nature." - Henry David Thoreau
November 22, 2020, 09:35 AM
hjs157
quote:
Originally posted by Micropterus:
Now I have a Colt Gov't 70 Series. One day I'll get around to shooting it.


Gorgeous pistol! Despite many hiccups over the years, Colt has really raised the bar. With overall quality much improved, they really hit one out of the park with the retro roll-mark and the Series 70 firing system. Congratulations on your new pistol.
November 22, 2020, 09:54 AM
brianfede
quote:
Originally posted by got2hav1:
Nice .38 Supers everyone. I picked up this one a month or so ago. Colt Special Combat Government. Shoots great !



Don't own a Colt 1911 but was thinking about buying that exact model. Really sweet.
November 22, 2020, 11:50 AM
got2hav1
I've got a couple of Ed Brown's and a Night Hawk, this Colt is on par with both of them IMO. So yeah just check it out good, because I have seen some Colts lately with mushy safeties.


JEREMIAH 33:3
November 22, 2020, 01:16 PM
roberth
I picked up a P220 38 Super KE a couple of weeks ago.

I had an RI and a Colt Commander prior.
November 23, 2020, 06:18 AM
usncorpsman
I’m a big fan of the 38 Super round and reload for it.




November 23, 2020, 11:02 AM
Pizza Bob
I used a .38 Super for several years in USPSA and ICORE competition, until I got my 929.



627-4 PC made for Bangers Distributors.

Adios,

Pizza Bob


NRA Benefactor Member
November 23, 2020, 05:29 PM
lyman
quote:
Originally posted by Micropterus:
I love the .38 Super. I only currently own one and have only ever owned two. I had a Colt Enhanced Commander SS that I actually carried as a CCW loaded with Winchester Silver Tip HPs. I foolishly sold it years ago.

Now I have a Colt Gov't 70 Series. One day I'll get around to shooting it.




I picked up a similar model made in 1975 a couple years ago,

not as crisp as the one you picked, but nice,

then sold off the early RIA I had in 38 super, since the Colt is, well a Colt and I did not need 2 1911's in .38 Super,


I have not had a chance to shoot it either



www.chesterfieldarmament.com
November 23, 2020, 06:52 PM
Micropterus
quote:
Originally posted by usncorpsman:
I’m a big fan of the 38 Super round and reload for it.





That is one nice Combat Commander. Who built it? Is it hard chromed?


_____________
"I enter a swamp as a sacred place—a sanctum sanctorum. There is the strength—the marrow of Nature." - Henry David Thoreau
November 23, 2020, 07:54 PM
usncorpsman
quote:
Originally posted by Micropterus:
quote:
Originally posted by usncorpsman:
I’m a big fan of the 38 Super round and reload for it.





That is one nice Combat Commander. Who built it? Is it hard chromed?


Thank you. It was built by Don Williams of the Action Works. It has a Kart Match barrel and is indeed hard chromed in a matte finish.
November 23, 2020, 11:05 PM
Delta-3
Very nice 38 Supers!
I too reload for mine. My favorite is my DW Guardian. I find I shoot it more than any other handguns I have.




Rom 13:4 If you do evil, be afraid. For he does not bear the sword in vain. For he is God's minister, an avenger to execute wrath on him who practices evil.
November 23, 2020, 11:09 PM
cslinger
quote:
Originally posted by P-220:
Another fan of the .38 Super





There is something about this Colt I love. Something about it’s proportions and simple lines. I think you have posted before and I may have commented before but I dig this gun.

As far as .38 super I have never owned one but it is such a fun round. Almost an early 20th century .357 SIG if you will.


"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."
November 24, 2020, 03:50 PM
P-220
Thank you.

The Colt has definitely benefitted from a KART barrel. When I first bought it, I was shooting patterns, now I shoot groups.

There is something I have always loved about the Combat Commander, ever since I bought my first one in 1976, at the age of 15, a Satin Combat Commander in .45.


Niech Zyje P-220

Steve