SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Couple of Smith M and P 2.0 questions
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Couple of Smith M and P 2.0 questions Login/Join 
Just mobilize it
posted
So I recently acquired a Smith and Wesson M and P 5” FDE and I am not used to the whole “yellow sear deactivation lever thing”. I don’t mind pulling the trigger on my Glocks, never been an issue after making sure gun was clear. I know that you can just elect to NOT pull down the yellow lever and take it down like a Glock just by pulling the trigger though my question is, do you have to then still pull the yellow sear lever down to get the slide back on the frame to reassemble? It seems like it shouldn’t matter where the sear lever is slide on or off?

Also are the takedown levers supposed to be sort of floppy when slide if off? I have to manually pull down take down lever to get off slide, though going back on the lever sort of pops back into place with a light push. Does that all sound normal? Not used to striker guns with these type of takedown levers. (Although I have a Shield I haven’t shot it in a couple years and forgot how it works with the takedown and sear deactivation levers.

Posts: 4608 | Registered: July 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
CAPT Obvious
Picture of Spiff_P239
posted Hide Post
If you take down the pistol by pulling the trigger, you do not have to do anything to the seat disconnect lever. Also, your takedown lever is behaving like it should. It’s not under any spring tension and is free to rotate.

Posts: 3518 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
This topic comes up from time to time. You have a few posters that won’t pull the trigger to disassemble the pistol because the factory didn’t design it that way.

Check.

In my past interactions with Smith engineers, managers, and LE reps......they all disassemble the pistol by pulling the trigger.

YMMV

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37081 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yeah I double check ala Glock and then pull the trigger. I think it's nice to have the option but I prefer to just pull and take down.

Posts: 3041 | Location: Pnw | Registered: March 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just mobilize it
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the info guys I appreciate it

Posts: 4608 | Registered: July 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post