SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Need some advice about gun pricing
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Need some advice about gun pricing Login/Join 
Eating, sleeping and boinking. Everything else is just Filler.
Picture of terma-nator
posted
This is not a for sale post.
I have a Sig P229R that I bought a long time ago. Only shot it 200-300 rounds.
I special ordered it from a dealer on here. It was factory chrome and it originally came in .40S&W but I swapped out the barrel for a sig.357

Here is some info on the box..

I would like to sell this on gunbroker or perhaps here. But don't have a clue as to the value. I don't know if the factory chrome increases the value at all.

I need to sell a few items to cover medical expenses.

thanks for helping me out.

P.S. Parabellum kindly gave me the ok to ask this here.

I love it here!

My Gun collection:
Too many to list. Lets just say that the zombies should look elsewhere.

Posts: 1671 | Location: Back in the good 'ol U.S.A. (South Fla) | Registered: April 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
That's satin Nickel, not chrome. Very nice. Going to be hard to price it, since it's relatively scarce and doesn't come up for sale often at all.

Btw, factory Nickel SIGs are always prized more than the black counterparts.

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
If you are going to sell it on GB, put some kind of reserve on it, so that it won't sell for less than what you want.

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of charlieb
posted Hide Post
Mustang I read as it has a 357 sig barrel now, and was originally a 40 SW. If you will send me some photos of it I can give you an idea of value possibly.

CHARLIEB

[]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]\>
----------)_'_\ * (
''----------------\ - \
''-----------------\ *_\

A few sigs, a couple revolvers, and a few others

"Here hold my beer while I light this" Lefty

Posts: 2937 | Location: Texas- West of DFW Metromess (Weatherford) | Registered: April 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't know that he got rid of the .40 barrel. When I "swap out," the remainder goes in a parts box.

Posts: 17121 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't like reserve auctions. I know they turn off a lot of buyers including myself. Just set the minimum bid at what you can live with. To me it's a lot more upfront than starting out at low price at setting some much higher reserve.

Posts: 934 | Location: WV | Registered: May 30, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
Btw, factory Nickel SIGs are always prized more than the black counterparts.

Maybe you can guesstimate the premium, either in raw numbers or as a percentage, over a Nitron model? Then he could do the comp on Nitron specimens and add the premium.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
With all box papers stickers oil, and orriginal 40sw, with 357 sig barrel. 550 to 725. If you gun broker it, and have 500 pictures detailing every inch of it. Maybe as high as 900 to the right guy.

That being said 40/357 sigs are not moving. Last year i paid 300 for each. P226 40, p226 357.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rick Lee
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DSgrouse:
That being said 40/357 sigs are not moving. Last year i paid 300 for each. P226 40, p226 357.

You got that right. I have a real nice P220R in NP3 with some nice mods that's been sitting on Armslist for a long time and I don't think I've had a single inquiry on it.

Posts: 3492 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post