SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Meprolite Sight Date Codes
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Meprolite Sight Date Codes Login/Join 
posted
I did my due diligence and searched here but couldn't find a thread on this. My 2013 (box date) P938 sights are coded "AN" - which I guess makes sense if Mepro skipped the letter I. My 2016 P250 is dated "AO" which, if I'm correct, would mean SIG put 2-year old NS on my P250. I don't have anything newer than box date 2016 so I don't know, but assume, that AP=15, AQ=16, and AR=17? Onliest reason I bring this up is I have a 9mm P250 SC conversion kit inbound. I plan to send it to SIG for NS and want to know if they will install the lastest/fresh sights on it.

Maybe I'm out in left field with these numbers, does anyone have a date code chart for Mepro? Local FFL has this 224 up on GB - with an AP date code. This is the highest letter code I've seen ...

Posts: 426 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: September 01, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That's just the
Flomax talking
Picture of GaryBF
posted Hide Post
When I first joined here, we used to think that Meprolight followed the European date code system. A few years ago, a member posted his sights that broke the usual code with "AL" sights. Now, I don't know what it is.

Posts: 11875 | Location: St. Louis, Missouri | Registered: February 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I checked a mid-2017 (box sticker) P320 Compact today at a store - the sights were labeled "AQ". So, I guess SIG installs NS that are at least one year old on P320's. As I mentioned - I think they put 2-year old sights on my P250 when it was assembled in 2016. All of this said - the sites on the P250 are still very bright despite being three years old...

Posts: 426 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: September 01, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post