SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Opinions on TRUGLO Tritium night sights....
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Opinions on TRUGLO Tritium night sights.... Login/Join 
Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted
I got an Amazon gift card for Christmas and was looking at upgrading the sights on some of my pistols, particularly 3 of my M&P's (M&P40, M&P40C, and M&P45).

Amazon has Truglos for around $50. https://www.amazon.com/gp/prod...A2C1Y2TJD72JNX&psc=1

Amazon reviews are mostly positive, but there are some complaints about the lamps fading in very short order.

Anyone use them? Thoughts, good or bad?

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've got standard Truglo tritiums on my Glock 20. I wanted to upgrade to a steel sight and figured for the price I couldn't go wrong. I figured if they failed I'd still have three dot steel sights and would consider it a lesson learned. I've since added them to a couple other Glocks and they have been great reliabilty wise with low round counts.

My biggest like with the Truglo's is the price of course and I did no worse with them than the comparable Trijicon and Meprolights. The Ashley Express sights are a bit of a different area and hard to compare.

I did add a set of Tritium Fiber Optic(TFX) sights to my CZ 85 and I can tell you that they light up like a fireball when shooting outside and are very easy for my vision impaired eyesight to pick up on. Of course the TFX is pricier and gets up there into Xray and the expensive Trijicon options. Companies like Ameriglo seem to be chipping away at Trijicon's market.

The Truglo seems to be a good bargain for a good sight IMO.

Posts: 1063 | Location: hampton roads, va. | Registered: October 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have the Truglo Tritium Pro sights on my duty pistol (G17 Gen 5) and they are near perfect sights. I prefer these over the Trijicon HDs and the SIG Xray sights for a number of reasons.

The standard HK sights are equally as good, but in a different way. My 2nd favorite sights, perhaps.

The Truglo Tritium Pros are better, though, and they'd be perfect if the white ring was instead yellow like the HKs. I've looked at and used a lot of sights (though others on this board have certainly experienced more), but for my tastes and uses, the Truglo Tritium Pros are it.

It sounds like you were looking at different Truglo sights, but I'd at least consider the Tritum Pros.

Posts: 1251 | Location: Oregon | Registered: March 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post