SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Best way to get into a RDS on pistol?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Best way to get into a RDS on pistol? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
I would love to do this on my H&K USP Tactical

If milling is OK versus a removable rear site then Mark at L&M precision is your source. The best at this.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 11002 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Also thought maybe do a Polymer 80 build.

Why. If your focus is on running an dot why add a custom build to the list of potential issues. Buy a factory gun or get one milled but this isn't a good path for the stated purpose?

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 11002 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
Man options - options. If I can bump budget to $1,200 I can just get a 229RX.

Train how you intend to Fight

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.

Posts: 8849 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
I've got a $100 Cabelas Gift card running around here. So could use that toward a RMR. They have the RMR at $348 online. That would put it at $248. $500 for glock, $150 for milling, $$50-$100 for sights, $250 for RMR. Still in under a grand.

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.

Posts: 8849 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I’m in the same boat as the OP. I just bought an X Carry with the notion that I’d add a Sig Romeo 1 since it’s already milled for one. The pistol was $729 hopefully I can get a Romeo for $350 and be done for around a grand.

Posts: 612 | Location: Las Vegas | Registered: March 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
I intend to replace my G20s with G40 MOS RMR setups, but that's more for mountain carry.

I don't see myself using one on a regular sized carry piece anytime soon, size wise.

I'll still keep the G29s, too.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spiritually Imperfect
Picture of VictimNoMore
posted Hide Post
My vote is for the M&P CORE. You can get one with a ported barrel, or with a regular barrel (in case you're planning on competing with it, for classification purposes, etc).
As for putting suppressor sights on it: if it truly will be a range-only gun, you could save some of the budget by skipping them and applying the funds elsewhere.
Good luck, regardless.

Posts: 3805 | Location: WV | Registered: January 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
Quick bump here for any more people to weigh in. Keep the thoughts feedback coming guys. I'm probably 30 days from making a decision.

Some thoughts:

Glock:
- Way more aftermarket support for Glock right now.
- Will likely be more expensive in the long run.

Sig:
- Can throw on a Subcompact module and create a 320RX Sub Compact for $50. can stipple one my self and only waste $50 if I screw it up.
- Not as much aftermarket support. But not sure what I would really need other than maybe threaded barrel if I do a 45 cal form 1 can down the road.

Picture of dc54
posted Hide Post
Since I was already heavily invested in Glocks, I bought a G19 MOS complete upper online and mounted an RMR. I put the slide on my G19 or my G19 short depending on the situation. I just had a G34 slide milled at Jagerwerks and a RMR installed. Doing it that way, the milling is almost free since their price on the RMR+milling was close to most places for the RMR alone. I just noticed that Walther has come out with a PPQ 9 with threaded barrel and cut for a RDS. This might be a good option for the money.

Sigs, HKs, 1911s, Berettas, Glocks and SW revolvers

Posts: 1034 | Location: GA | Registered: February 04, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Nframe
posted Hide Post
OP. Do you have a Glock 17 3rd gen?

I have a rmr’d slide all set up I will let you borrow

Email me

Chris

Posts: 2912 | Location: mid S.C. | Registered: March 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nframe:
OP. Do you have a Glock 17 3rd gen?

I have a rmr’d slide all set up I will let you borrow

Email me

Chris

That's super generous. No I don't currently. But thanks for your offer.

Picture of TrojanX4
posted Hide Post
I purchased a 9mm P320 RX full size about a year ago, loved the platform so much I've about converted everything over to the Romeo 1 system. I've got 2 RX full, 1 RX compact that I use for CCW, 2 X5's with Romeo 1's and I'm about to have my P320C 45 milled by Primary Machine to accommodate a Romeo 1.

You can pick up a Romeo 1 for as low as $275, Amazon has them for $299. That's pretty ecomomical in my view. Sig suppressor sights run $99 on at the Sig web store.

Romeo 1 on Amazon

Sig Suppressor Sights

If you don't care about the back up suppressor sights, Dvor.com is selling the Romeo 1 with the adaptor ($330) that will allow you to use the back sight dovetail to mount a Romeo 1 without doing any milling of the slide.

Romeo 1 with Pistol Mount

Good Luck.

Posts: 1874 | Location: Southern California | Registered: January 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post