SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Who manufactures SIG 1911 mags? Also floor plate recommendations...
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Who manufactures SIG 1911 mags? Also floor plate recommendations... Login/Join 
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted
Specifically the factory 8 round .40 mags.

Ordered some Mec-gars from Greg Cote and they have a different follower (like a split tab at the front and a hump in the middle) than the mags shipped with the SIG.

I would have thought Mec-gar makes their 1911 mags, but perhaps not?

Anyone know?

Also, can anyone suggest replacement floor plates/bumpers for these Mec-gar .40 1911 mags? I'm not sure I want to take the magwell off my 1911 and the extensions are needed to make it work. The ones on the SIG mags are actually an entirely plastic floor plate, not a bolt on piece.

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Billy346
posted Hide Post
I recently ordered four .40 1911 mags from SIG's web store. They were Wilson Combat. All performed flawlessly in my Nightmare .357.

"Like a horse has its rider, and the sky has its moon, a man has his loneliness, mistaken as pride." -Longmire

Posts: 539 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: January 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post