SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Putting E2 grips onto a P220?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Putting E2 grips onto a P220? Login/Join 
posted
Sometimes, all you get is the different texture. Will they be slimmer, allowing for a shorter reach to the trigger? (vs. the 4-screw OEM panels). THanks.

Posts: 379 | Location: Phoenix Aridzona | Registered: March 06, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
parati et volentes
Picture of houndawg
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by VictorLouis:
Sometimes, all you get is the different texture. Will they be slimmer, allowing for a shorter reach to the trigger? (vs. the 4-screw OEM panels). THanks.

E2 grips are noticeably slimmer than the stock grip panels.

Posts: 8272 | Location: Illinois, Occupied America | Registered: February 23, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Slimmer and easier to reach the trigger. Just make sure you have the correct internals-right size hammer strut and seat, or they won't fit. If you buy the kit and they are inexpensive, you are set.

Posts: 6845 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
They will be slimmer.

If your P220 is equipped with the aluminum or G10 (Hogue) grips, the difference won't be that much.

If it is equipped with the plastic (or wooden) grips, you'll see a noticeable difference.

Posts: 9112 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had my 220 with the E2 grips for a while. The texture is great and very grippy. Like the other folks have mentioned, the E2s are very slim. With my big mitts, it didn't feel as good as with the alumagrips that mine currently wears. If your hands are on the smallish side, the E2s will be great.

I don't remember exactly what I had to change on the pistol to accommodate the E2s, but I think I needed to change the mainspring strut and catch.I have an older model, so the change was necessary for the pistol to function. The parts may be included, but if not, you'll need to find the kit and spend the extra $$$. Worth checking out before you buy.

Posts: 45 | Registered: June 28, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
I only have experience with the 226 but the factory grips are way too thick for me... I like E2s or G10s....

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Outstanding to hear. I ordered the gun. I've only prior experience with the OEM grips needing the four screws. That is, the old-school checkered ones. I've handled the newer 'pebble-tech' ones and didn't find them dimensionally any different. I've always wished either was just a bit more svelte, so it sounds like the E2s will be the ticket.

Posts: 379 | Location: Phoenix Aridzona | Registered: March 06, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post