SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Thoughts on the Walther Creed
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Thoughts on the Walther Creed Login/Join 
Picture of tcallre
posted Hide Post
Like stated, modern Walther pistol's are either made in Arnsberg by Umarex or in Ulm by Walther, Umarex being the parent company. Ulm Walthers are world class pistols, Arnsberg pistols are a crap shoot. Arnsberg firearms are made to a price point but there is so little difference, maybe fifty to seventy dollars, between a CCP and PPS; it seems insane for a shop to carry a CCP. Interestingly the older PPX seemed to have a decent reputation for a cheap pistol but the CCP disaster has made me avoid Arnsberg guns like the plague. Hopefully the Cread will prove to be decent like the PPX but Umarex got lucky with the PPX. Don't confuse the two different lines of guns; Umarex should leave Walther alone to produce firearms worthy of the name.

Posts: 119 | Registered: July 14, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of gunguru123
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tcallre:
Like stated, modern Walther pistol's are either made in Arnsberg by Umarex or in Ulm by Walther, Umarex being the parent company. Ulm Walthers are world class pistols, Arnsberg pistols are a crap shoot. Arnsberg firearms are made to a price point but there is so little difference, maybe fifty to seventy dollars, between a CCP and PPS; it seems insane for a shop to carry a CCP. Interestingly the older PPX seemed to have a decent reputation for a cheap pistol but the CCP disaster has made me avoid Arnsberg guns like the plague. Hopefully the Cread will prove to be decent like the PPX but Umarex got lucky with the PPX. Don't confuse the two different lines of guns; Umarex should leave Walther alone to produce firearms worthy of the name.

The PPX was made in Ulm, as is the Creed. Not sure who designed them but from what I recall, both are Ulm built. All three of them say it on the side of the gun as well, my PPX, Creed and PPQ Navy. Of course I don't have the Creed anymore, it just wasn't as fun to shoot as the PPX.

Sig P220 Elite Dark, W. German 220/226 Navy/226 Tac Ops/226R Stainless/228/229 Legion/229R/M11-A1D

Glocks, HK, Walther, XDs, etc, etc...

Posts: 1043 | Location: Texas | Registered: April 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
Thoughts on the Creed?

A big Meh from me. Too many better options these days.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tcallre
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the correction, I was under the impression that all the economy line were Arnsberg manufactured. Nice collection.
quote:
Originally posted by gunguru123:
quote:
Originally posted by tcallre:

The PPX was made in Ulm, as is the Creed. Not sure who designed them but from what I recall, both are Ulm built. All three of them say it on the side of the gun as well, my PPX, Creed and PPQ Navy. Of course I don't have the Creed anymore, it just wasn't as fun to shoot as the PPX.

Posts: 119 | Registered: July 14, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Whether they're discontinued or not, $450 still buys you a pristine 9mm P250 off of GunPoker.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
My thoughts are that it has a stupid name.

Posts: 26901 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
I think the Creed is a decent choice for a pistol in it's price range. The PPX, which the Creed is a redesign of, has a pretty good reputation. Yes it has a three part barrel but there have been just a very few reports of problems with that and so far none for the Creed itself and I doubt but a very few owners of the Creed will be high volume shooters of it.

Though not a pistol that appeals to me personally, if someone asks me for recommendation of a full size pistol in the under $350 range I would tell them to check out the Creed.

Posts: 9747 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post