SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    So, I got my ol' P229R 9mm out last night...
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

So, I got my ol' P229R 9mm out last night... Login/Join 
"The deals you miss don’t hurt you”-B.D. Raney Sr.
posted
This was the 1st pistol I ever "Ordered" from my LGS. This was my 1st carry pistol. I agonized over the 9mm or 40SW version.
I carried it for years in a CompTAC MTAC holster.
So, I pulled it from the depths of the safe, did some dry-fire and holster draws....

I know all the reasons I got into GLOCKs...weight, price, aftermarket support (and at the time, capacity...since the original P229 mags held 13rds and a G19 was at 15rds).

But I remember shooting it so well.
And it carried fairly well also.

Yes, the GLOCK is simpler (no decocker, same trigger pull every time), but....

Anyone else "go back" to an earlier carry piece?

Posts: 6301 | Location: East Texas | Registered: February 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
There is NO perfect pistol and nothing wrong with changing preferences Wink Glocks have their distinct advantages, AIWB carry ain't one of them! The P229 doesn't give up much if at all to the Glock, except maybe the amount of time it takes to clean it after a shooting session. I'd wager if you had to beat somebody with both after running dry on ammo, the Sig would hurt the fool a lot more!

Posts: 13806 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sometimes crises serve as jolts for lucidity. Cool

Posts: 248 | Location: FL | Registered: August 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
When glock changes their grip angle to a normal degree i will try one again , until then it is sig 225, 228 , 229, 320, browning HP. for me ! Roll Eyes

Posts: 15 | Registered: July 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JohnnyD
posted Hide Post
^^^^^ THIS
My friend has a G-19 that I really like but the grip angle just does not make the cut.

-----------------------------------

USAF/ANG Retired

Posts: 782 | Location: Garland, (Zombieland) TX. | Registered: February 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am with "pnbrown" I can shoot a glock just fine...But they are not comfortable for me to shoot and i had one blow up on my hand so I ma not a fan of any plastic gun....Ill stick to the metal ones for now....

Evil Triumphs When Good Men Do Nothing

Posts: 777 | Location: NC | Registered: November 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Agreed, my old Hi Power grip angle fits me perfect.
My old BDA isn't too bad, hoping my new P226 is similar to the Hi Power.

Any sure, the plastic frame was the cause for the Glock to blow up. First the chamber/barrel, then the slide...THEN...the frame...it's the last to go in that scenario.
I just don't like the grip on my .45 Glock. I sanded/ground on it a while...not enough better.

Mike

Posts: 19 | Registered: January 07, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Let's be careful
out there
posted Hide Post
I've picked up a variety of used Glocks over the years. I use them as trade fodder. I did find that if I used a revolver hold they poin better for me. Still, I will stick with the P series Sigs, I like them and shoot them well, and I have a big box of sig holsters. Big Grin

Posts: 7333 | Location: NW OHIO | Registered: May 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rumors of my death
are greatly exaggerated
Picture of coloradohunter44
posted Hide Post
P229/9 is still my fav. No Glock love here. They just don't feel right. To each what fits thy hand well.

"Someday I hope to be half the man my bird-dog thinks I am."

FBLM LGB!

Posts: 10908 | Location: Commirado | Registered: July 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I have the obligatory Glocks. They have been criticized by the rang officer as "not being Glocks". In attempts to "perfect them, all internal parts have been changed to after-market parts. Yet no satisfaction so, I get from the depths of the gun-safe the P225, P220 or P228 and feel the difference. To me, it's not the number of rounds that the pistol is capable of holding, but the synergy it has with the person shooting.

Posts: 627 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: October 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post