SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Smith M&P 2.0 compact. 3.6 or 4??
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Smith M&P 2.0 compact. 3.6 or 4?? Login/Join 
Picture of ruger357
posted
A couple of people that really know guns are singing the praises of this gun. One has the 3.6" and one has the 4". I'm seriously considering one to carry. Any experiences with either? If you have both, which do you like better? One guy who was a hard core GLOCK guy is selling them off because he like the 2.0 compact so much!

-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor

Posts: 7943 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
3.6" by a country mile for me. I can shoot it better than my G19 and it carrys like a a G26.

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I hated M&P pistols from the time they came out until the 2.0 compact was released. I have a sight pusher and my buddy asked me to put sights on his gun for him. I owned one a short time later. Amazing improvement from the first generation. I have the 4" flavor.

Posts: 545 | Location: Ohio | Registered: April 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
Have y'all changed the trigger to an apex? Any side by side photos next to a g19 or g26?

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer

Posts: 7943 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
Here's my 3.6" next to my G26 with a pmag.

Big Stack
posted Hide Post
You might want to read through this...

https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...0601935/m/5880056444

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Nframe
posted Hide Post
The 3.6 and 4 are so close but the 3.6 seems to just feel smaller but shoots any time as good as the 4. I like both. I almost think I shoot the 3.6 better. I have around 2K through the 4" the 3.6 is going to start getting more use though.

for work I qualified with a G19, next year at qualifications I'm going with the M&P 3.6.

Posts: 2912 | Location: mid S.C. | Registered: March 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
How do you carry? I carry at 3 or 4 o’clock and I have a 4 inch, but I have heard people say it makes a big difference appendix position with the shorter barrels

Posts: 661 | Location: The realm of Texas | Registered: February 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Blue Machine
Picture of Phred
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nframe:
The 3.6 and 4 are so close but the 3.6 seems to just feel smaller but shoots any time as good as the 4. I like both. I almost think I shoot the 3.6 better. I have around 2K through the 4" the 3.6 is going to start getting more use though.

for work I qualified with a G19, next year at qualifications I'm going with the M&P 3.6.

For duty, back up, or off duty carry?

Posts: 1626 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: February 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Nframe
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Phred:
quote:
Originally posted by Nframe:

For duty, back up, or off duty carry?

Mostly off duty. Though if I choose it can be my duty. (I'm hoping to get away from the 23's)

Posts: 2912 | Location: mid S.C. | Registered: March 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would buy a 3.6 and a full size if you have the option to carry it on duty. I have a personal full size, and a 3.6, and I'm getting issued a full size next month at work.

The 3.6 feels fast on target, and I think the 4" is not a substantial enough step down in size from the 4.25" to make it worthwhile, really.

I really enjoy my 3.6.

May our caskets be made of hundred-year oak, and may we plant those trees tomorrow.

Posts: 813 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: January 03, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
Ordered a 3.6 this weekend. Thanks for the input.

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer

Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
After carrying and shooting the 3.6" for several months I can say I'm very pleased with it. It may be the perfect carry pistol (for me) and I'm just as if not more accurate with it than I am with my G19 or CZ P01. The .4" missing from the bbl doesn't make a lick of difference when shooting.
I carry it AIWB and that .4" difference in length does make it very comfortable when seated or bending over. My previous and only gripe about the short trigger reach has been rectified with a little practice.

posted Hide Post
I have the 4. I considered changing to the 3.6 when it subsequently came out, but I am so happy with everything about the 4 that I stayed pat.

Posts: 627 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: October 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Poppy6x
posted Hide Post
I have both. The 4-inch is the new 2.0 Compact. Shot them side by side last weekend and the 3.6 was the winner. Even though the 2.0 claim is improved trigger, the 3.6 trigger was significantly better. The 4-inch had a long gritty take up. it was OK for the range because I actually found myself "staging" the trigger. That's fine for the range but not necessarily good for CCW. I was really surprised because I've had the 3.6 inch for a couple of years and hadn't fired it in a long time. Based on the marketing hype I fully expected the 2.0 to have a much improved trigger. I carry all my CCW in IWB holsters, mostly kydex molded. The 4-inch is close to G19 in size and, as already pointed out, the 3.6 inch approximates the G26. As always, comes down to personal preference.

Sigs, HKs, S&Ws, Rugers, Wilsons, Nighthawks, Colts

Posts: 234 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: June 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Poppy6x:
I have both. The 4-inch is the new 2.0 Compact. Shot them side by side last weekend and the 3.6 was the winner. Even though the 2.0 claim is improved trigger, the 3.6 trigger was significantly better. The 4-inch had a long gritty take up. it was OK for the range because I actually found myself "staging" the trigger. That's fine for the range but not necessarily good for CCW. I was really surprised because I've had the 3.6 inch for a couple of years and hadn't fired it in a long time. Based on the marketing hype I fully expected the 2.0 to have a much improved trigger. I carry all my CCW in IWB holsters, mostly kydex molded. The 4-inch is close to G19 in size and, as already pointed out, the 3.6 inch approximates the G26. As always, comes down to personal preference.

We are talking about the new 3.6" barrel 2.0 as compared to the 4" barrel 2.0.
The 1st gen pistol you have is the M&Pc that takes the 12 round mags, correct?

posted Hide Post
I'm confused by some of the statements here.

First off let me say I recently picked up a 4" 2.0 and absolutely love it. It has replaced Glock in every way for me.

Now to my point...

If carrying aiwb, the added length actually helps with comfort and stability. I carry my 4" 2.0 in a Holsterco 4.25" 2.0 holster. I carry P30's in P30L holsters. If i was carrying a Glock 26, it would be in a 17 length holster.

Posts: 1900 | Location: East Tennessee | Registered: October 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Poppy6x
posted Hide Post
Yes, my 3.6 inch is the first gen M&P9c. I didn't realize that there was a new 2.0 version with 3.6. My 4-inch is 2.0.

Sorry for any confusion.

Sigs, HKs, S&Ws, Rugers, Wilsons, Nighthawks, Colts

Posts: 234 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: June 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
I've been shooting my Shield and G19 back to back a lot lately and starting to really notice the difference.
The Shield, for me, is so much more comfortable in the hand and I'm even more accurate with it.
I do have a contrast dayglow NS on the front and that helps my vision but the comfort difference is noticeable.
My next purchase may be a 2.0 Compact next time they have one of the sales or rebates to move them.

Posts: 9506 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by twpayne75:
I carry P30's in P30L holsters. If i was carrying a Glock 26, it would be in a 17 length holster.

Well......to each his own I guess.