SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Older P320 Mags
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Older P320 Mags Login/Join 
posted
I am sure we have done this.

I recently bought the new sig p320 Carry (great pistol) but my older mags won’t fit in the mag well. What’s our current favorite fix for this?

NRA Training Counselor
NRA Benefactor Member

Posts: 2506 | Location: FL | Registered: May 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Find some dealer that is selling the new base plates. Look here, this should explain and send you in the right direction.

https://www.osagecountyguns.co...floor-plate-updates/

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Super Shooter,

Posts: 1491 | Registered: December 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 10-7 leo
posted Hide Post
I thinned the ears on the baseplates of my mags until they fit. A dremel does it pretty quickly, could also use a small block of wood and sandpaper.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
If you beat your swords into plowshares, you will become farmers for those who didn't!
Political Correctness is fascism pretending to be Manners-George Carlin

Posts: 2038 | Location: Central FL | Registered: September 03, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PhoenixTX
posted Hide Post
If your new pistol is an X-Carry model (and not just a Carry model) then new baseplates or removing material from the tabs on the side of the baseplate is required. I just removed the tabs completely to use my old mags with my new X-Carry.

-------------------------------------
Some old German classic Sigs and some new polymer Sigs...

Posts: 203 | Location: OKC | Registered: July 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I bought a few new base plates from sig. see how it goes. Thanks everyone.

NRA Training Counselor
NRA Benefactor Member

Posts: 2506 | Location: FL | Registered: May 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of armme
posted Hide Post
I just picked up a 320 compact and am trying to figure out the magazine deal. I'm seriously looking at getting a carry frame for it, too.

The magazines that came with mine are not the same as any of those on the Osage County tutorial.

So, which base plates did you get from Sig, and how did it all work out?

Posts: 258 | Location: NC | Registered: August 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had 8 of the original mags when I bought an xcompact frame. I just thinned down the ears on the baseplates. I didn't want to spend 80 bucks on new baseplates.

Posts: 602 | Location: NW Pa. USA | Registered: January 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Clip the dog ears off with an end nipper and they'll fit any of the frames. If you have a mag well, then you'll need an extended mag or base, but otherwise once the dog ears are removed, they fit fine.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
I used a Dremel on low speed and a small fine grit sanding band. Remove the base plates first. Basically, you want to flatten the little curvature in the center. Thin a little from both sides and test so you don't get carried away. It takes a couple of minutes per magazine.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rappa
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tankeryanker:
I had 8 of the original mags when I bought an xcompact frame. I just thinned down the ears on the baseplates. I didn't want to spend 80 bucks on new baseplates.

Ditto! Dremel for $30, reusable for just about anything vs $40 for 1 new style SiG mag!

Posts: 268 | Location: Florida USA | Registered: December 23, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:
I recently bought the new sig p320 Carry (great pistol) but my older mags won’t fit in the mag well.

An X-Carry? That is the only one that should give this trouble, is it not?

Posts: 27927 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Giftedly Outspoken
Picture of sigarms229
posted Hide Post
quote:
Clip the dog ears off with an end nipper and they'll fit any of the frames.

This. I used regular diagonal cutters (wire cutters). This is much cleaner and quicker than using a dremel and everyone has a pair of diagonals laying around.

Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six

Posts: 4521 | Location: SouthCentral PA | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bob RI
posted Hide Post
I’ve used shop scissors or wire cutters and snip them...super quick, no mess and the price is right.

Posts: 4521 | Registered: January 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post