SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    How Long Will the Ammo Shortage Last?

Closed Poll Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
How Long Will the Ammo Shortage Last? Login/Join 
posted
Ammo prices are higher and availability is less than in in March and April 2020. How long will this shortage last?

Question:
How long will the Ammunition shortage last?

Choices:
3 to 6 Months
6 to 12 Months
1 to 2 Years
2 to 3 Years
3 to 5 Years
Beyond 5 Years

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Democracy is 2 Wolves & a Lamb debating the lunch menu.

Liberty is a well armed Lamb!

Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
I bei it will last longer than this thread. Big Grin

Q

Posts: 26384 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Report This Post
Picture of sgalczyn
posted Hide Post
It's here for obvious reasons and will last a few months beyond Trumps re-inauguration.

"No matter where you go - there you are"

Posts: 4577 | Location: Eastern PA-Berks/Lehigh Valley | Registered: January 03, 2001Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sgalczyn:
It's here for obvious reasons and will last a few months beyond Trumps re-inauguration.

I China Joe wins, do you believe it could last for a number of years?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
I heard about that shortage thing.

Expand beyond the popular ammo and something will usually be available.

Okay, I was just looking for an excuse to buy another barrel / gun. Wink

Posts: 9152 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by .38supersig:
I heard about that shortage thing.

Expand beyond the popular ammo and something will usually be available.

Okay, I was just looking for an excuse to buy another barrel / gun. Wink

Good post and good reason to add to one's collection.

posted Hide Post
Might last 'till after the war.

Posts: 471 | Registered: February 15, 2004Report This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
Local LGS has (July 6) plenty of 9, 40, 45 and 5.56. Zip for 308/7.62×51

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Report This Post
Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
Picture of Modern Day Savage
posted Hide Post
I'll answer the question when you answer these questions:

- How long before a vaccine or drug cure is found for the C-19 virus?

- How long will federal, state, and local departments/ agencies and the media continue their narrative and agenda promoting fear, which in turn factors into supply and demand production and buying patterns?

- How long will governors continue to push for lock downs that affect businesses, workers, customers, as well as supply chains?

- How long will civil unrest continue and will it decrease, stay steady, or increase, as this is one of the factors driving the shortage?

Posts: 7324 | Location: the Centennial state | Registered: August 21, 2006Report This Post
posted Hide Post
drove by my fav gun store today and saw no line so i stopped for ammo check . He had the 3 calbers i need even 9mm He wanted me to buy one box of ball ammo for every box of self defence ammo so his ammo pile goes down evenly .. Ok seems fair enough,, He just asked me not to
buy more than i need

Posts: 52 | Location: pennsylvainia | Registered: July 05, 2020Report This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
Heads or tails?

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Report This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
I was in the hardware store today, peeked in the ammo isle. They had one 50 round pack of 9mm ammo marked at $49.99. I don’t think it was all that special either. They may of had a little more, a handful for other chamberings.

I was gonna switch anyway, but when I got home I setup to reload more 9mm, kinda low. I’m starting with 115 grain platted bullets, will add some 124 grn HP loads later.

Posts: 6159 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sgalczyn:

This, after the post election riots calm down

Posts: 661 | Location: The realm of Texas | Registered: February 06, 2009Report This Post
Money won is sweeter
than money earned
Picture of Rick_Perry
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Modern Day Savage:
I'll answer the question when you answer these questions:

- How long before a vaccine or drug cure is found for the C-19 virus?

- How long will federal, state, and local departments/ agencies and the media continue their narrative and agenda promoting fear, which in turn factors into supply and demand production and buying patterns?

- How long will governors continue to push for lock downs that affect businesses, workers, customers, as well as supply chains?

- How long will civil unrest continue and will it decrease, stay steady, or increase, as this is one of the factors driving the shortage?

Agree!

Einstein defines insanity as "Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results"

Posts: 3086 | Location: SE MI | Registered: October 26, 2004Report This Post
Picture of FlyingScot
posted Hide Post
Not sure there is a shortage - you can get ammo, but at dear prices. I stocked up in the prior years, don’t like my stock to go down but not buying at some of these prices. Will fill in gaps when I can, shoot a lot of .22 which I have more than I can shoot in a lifetime and enjoy my other calibers as I can. Would love prices to come back but that won’t happen until after the election if then.

“Forigive your enemy, but remember the bastard’s name.”

-Scottish proverb

Posts: 1999 | Location: South Florida | Registered: December 24, 2007Report This Post
Do the next
right thing
Picture of bobtheelf
posted Hide Post
Depends on what happens in November. Could be several months to a year, could be multiple years.

Posts: 3660 | Location: Nashville | Registered: July 23, 2012Report This Post