SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Got a deal on the Romeo1 sight but can't find a mounting base
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Got a deal on the Romeo1 sight but can't find a mounting base Login/Join 
Picture of Old226
posted
I have a Romeo1 arriving in a couple of days. I purchased the version that does not come with a mount/base.  At the same time, I found another company online that seemed to have the Sig P-series mount/bases for it. Today I get a call from the company I ordered the mount/base from. They said that they've been waiting for months for them with no ETA in sight. Of course their Web page didn't say they were out of stock and I didn't know they were not out yet.  They said they just call people if they order anything and it is not in stock... nice. If I knew that Sig wasn't shipping them, I never would have ordered the sight. Can't use one without the other...

A different version of the Romeo1 can be purchased that contains all of the mounts they make. It's about $150 more than buying the sight alone. Of course those kits are in stock. I just can't see buying all that and never using them. I'm hoping to find someone who has a kit and doesn't need the P-series mount. 

I'm putting a WTB on this forum but if anyone has an idea on where to find one, please let me know. 

Thanks

Bob

Tools of the Trade: WG P226, P228, P229 SAS Gen II, Para P16, S&W 610, Springfield 1911 (Les Baer) 10mm, EMP .40S&W & Ed Brown Executive Carry 45acp

Posts: 168 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: March 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I believe the R1 takes a Doctor/Burris/Venom plate. They are all the same mount. The only diff is that the R1 length is shorter than the others, but that only effects it if you're cutting the slide.

--- Joe ---
Sig Sauer P320RX, P229, P365XL
Henry Golden Boy 22LR
Ruger 10/22 Custom Build, AR-556, Wrangler
Springfield Saint
Browning URX
Tippmann M4-22 Elite-L

Posts: 32 | Location: SE, PA USA | Registered: June 29, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Old226
posted Hide Post
I can only compare pictures online but the Burris base for their fast fire sight looks close but it had 4 posts and the Sig Sauer base only shows 2 posts. I could always cut off a post or 2 but I'm more concerned with the mounting holes.

Since you have a RX, can you compare it to a picture of the fast fire mount?

Tools of the Trade: WG P226, P228, P229 SAS Gen II, Para P16, S&W 610, Springfield 1911 (Les Baer) 10mm, EMP .40S&W & Ed Brown Executive Carry 45acp

Posts: 168 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: March 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Go on YouTube and see if someone has mounted that sight on a gun.

Posts: 361 | Registered: July 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
try springer precision

Posts: 9 | Registered: May 04, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Old226
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by scuba16:
try springer precision

I tried them earlier today. They got back to me brazing fast but Ashley said that they "are not making any at this time."

Keep your tips coming! The UPS guy dropped off the Romeo1 sight today. I'd love to break the seal on the box and open it up. I'm going to hold off in case I decide to return it...

Bob

posted Hide Post
I answered this question in your other post. EGW or Trijcon. Both make a mounting plate.

Bill

Posts: 137 | Registered: February 04, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Old226
posted Hide Post
That would be great but everything I read says that the Romeo1 will only mount on the Sig Sauer base and not other manufacturers. Can you point me to something that shows it will mount on others?

posted Hide Post
Old 226, I too purchased the Romeo 1. Then I got the mount base from Sig for my P320. Horrors. That mount base caused the sight to stick out from the rear of the slide a HALF INCH! I called Sig about this and I got a couple of options. $$$$ ___
I checked around and have already sent the slide
with the Romeo 1 attached by that ridiculous mount.
to L&M Precision Gunworks to have my slide milled and the Romeo 1 mounted. If you send the barrel and return spring Mark will bore sight it too. He charges $180. On his web sight he gives his cell phone number. Easy to talk to and helpful. He's
a qualified gunsmith.
Stay safe.
Poli Viejo

Posts: 395 | Location: Green Valley, Arizona | Registered: May 01, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I saw a previous post about Robert Burke gunsmithing and I am looking to have the slide milled on my p220 10mm and mount the romeo 1 on it and contacted and they quoted around $250 to mill the slide and mount your optic. Mr Burke messaged me that they are doing some remodeling and about a month behind. I better get moving and order a romeo before they are out of stock again.

Posts: 263 | Registered: January 22, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post