SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    DA/SA and SAO slides compatible?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

DA/SA and SAO slides compatible? Login/Join 
Picture of OttoSig
posted
My current solution to wanting Novak style sights on the 220-10 SAO is to simply BUY TWO.

If I take the slide off a DA/SA will it function properly on the SAO frame?

That would give me one SAO with Novak sights and one DA/SA with adjustable sights.

11 years to retirement! Just waiting!

Posts: 6253 | Location: Maryland | Registered: August 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My P220 .22LR upper did not fit correctly on my P220 SAO Legion, so I sold it. The upper, not the Legion.

Posts: 4690 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
I don't know the answer to your specific question, but SAO and SA/DA slides are interchangeable on the 220 Match in .45ACP.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of OttoSig
posted Hide Post
Thanks Il Cattivo,

I'd be very surprised if they worked in a 5" .45 but not a 10mm.

I wouldn't think the design would be that much different but then again I would be assuming and setting myself up to be wrong.

I'm hopeful though.

11 years to retirement! Just waiting!

Posts: 6253 | Location: Maryland | Registered: August 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I converted a 220 match to SAO with no changes to the slide. I later fit a standard 220 slide to the same frame with normal, reliable function. Your mileage may vary.

Ignem Feram

Posts: 528 | Registered: October 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post