SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Official P229 RX ((WITH SHORT EXTRACTOR))!!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Official P229 RX ((WITH SHORT EXTRACTOR))!! Login/Join 
Picture of NoQuota
posted
https://www.sigsauer.com/store/p229-rx.html

https://www.sigsauer.com/store...e29r-9-b-right_1.jpg

I can't believe my eyes!!!!

Could Sig actually be bringing back the short extractor?!?!?

Could they actually be listening to us?!?!?

Could a SAO model be next?!?!?

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Posts: 594 | Location: St Augustine, FL | Registered: March 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
I wonder if it has something to do with the optic. Dosen't the long extractor have a pin that runs vertically?

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mbinky:
I wonder if it has something to do with the optic. Dosen't the long extractor have a pin that runs vertically?

I know this the 226 but both of my 226 RX's both have the long extractor. If you want to clean the extractor you have to remove the optic to push the pin out.

Posts: 550 | Location: Texas | Registered: November 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
It's a trick. I still don't believe it, until it hits the market.
Freaking major, if this is true.

Q

Posts: 26204 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Nope, look again, below. It's still loooooooong. Roll Eyes

Q

Posts: 26204 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of NoQuota
posted Hide Post
I'm so excited about this, I'm already trying to figure out what I can sell to buy one!

Anyone need any kids?!?!?

Posts: 594 | Location: St Augustine, FL | Registered: March 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
This is exactly the same stunt they did, when announcing the M11-A1. They had one photoshopped pic showing the short extractor, at the time. Roll Eyes

Q

Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
OP, look again at the pic in your second link. Guarantee you that's photoshopped. The frame belongs to a P227 Carry. Look at the grip profile. And, then, the serial number.

Q

Picture of NoQuota
posted Hide Post
You've changed my excitement to sadness.

Why must you rain on my personal parade?!?

I see what you are talking about now, the whole thing is JUST WRONG! DAMN YOU SIG SAUER!!!!!

Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Truth hurts, sometimes. Sorry. Frown

Q

Picture of Rustpot
posted Hide Post
Also has different triggers (std. vs short reach) in the left vs right side photos.

Regardless, there's a pistol I'd like to own for carry. I'm losing my enthusiasm for striker guns and thinking about going for a hammer fired collection only.

Now if only we could get a 229 that weighed as much as a polymer frame tupperware special.

Posts: 6029 | Location: Romeo, MI | Registered: January 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of NoQuota
posted Hide Post
I'm right there with you Rustpot.

I'm really trying to like my P320, but it is just missing something.

And my P226 is just too big.

Ironically I LOVE my Shield 9, go figure.

Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Ok, educate me, please?

What's the deal with short vs. long extractors?

If P229s once had short extractors, when did they stop having them? (In terms of S/N range, if possible?)

Do older P229s with short extractors demand a premium in the used pistol market?

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
Ok, educate me, please?

What's the deal with short vs. long extractors?

If P229s once had short extractors, when did they stop having them? (In terms of S/N range, if possible?)

Do older P229s with short extractors demand a premium in the used pistol market?

Bottom line: long one is cheaper/easier to make. More money in SIG's pocket.

Q

posted Hide Post
And the loooong one is fugly.

Posts: 10045 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Excam_Man:

Amen to that.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They both work well. I have not had any issues with my short or long extractor Sig's. I have put 10's of thousands of rounds through both styles. It is a personal preference with what ever style you like.

Posts: 550 | Location: Texas | Registered: November 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by soggy_spinout:
quote:
Originally posted by Excam_Man:

Amen to that.

I see what you mean.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have the 229RX 9mm exxhange kit and it has the long extractor.

Posts: 241 | Location: Texas | Registered: March 09, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post