SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Beretta D spring replacement
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Beretta D spring replacement Login/Join 
posted
I have 2 new Berettas headed my way with D springs that need to be installed.
I watched a YouTube video and it seems pretty easy but I have a question. Where the spring gets put back in, there's a tab and they showed a good picture of it. Was said that the spring needs to be against the tab. Threaded on the tab? Pushed against it?
Thanks in advance.

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You'd have to try real hard to mess this up.

This link covers it.

https://www.ingunowners.com/fo...mbly-reassembly.html

Posts: 3718 | Registered: August 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Beanhead
posted Hide Post
Just drop it onto the strut. No need to thread it or lock it into any holes.

Posts: 1351 | Location: Georgia | Registered: May 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That's just the
Flomax talking
Picture of GaryBF
posted Hide Post
I agree-don't over think it. Easy, schmeezy.

Posts: 11875 | Location: St. Louis, Missouri | Registered: February 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
The only thing that's tricky about a D-spring swap is if your guns are made in Italy as they use a roll pin vs. a dog-bone pin. With US made 92's, I can swap a D spring by only taking one grip off and no tools beyond that.

Posts: 3089 | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PGT:
The only thing that's tricky about a D-spring swap is if your guns are made in Italy as they use a roll pin vs. a dog-bone pin. With US made 92's, I can swap a D spring by only taking one grip off and no tools beyond that.

One is Italian. I hate roll pins. Guess I'll cross that bridge when I get to it.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
Order a dog bone pin from Brownells ahead of time so you don't need to put the roll pin back in.

Posts: 3089 | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
For the Italian pistol you will need to drive out the roll pin. If you are going to replace it with a solid pin, you can use any old punch.

The solid pins used on the US made pistols are slightly "dog boned". If you press down on a firm surface with the lanyard loop to press in a bit on the mainspring cap, you can usually just push the pin out with light pressure.

The mainspring strut on a 92 FS will not fall out. Shine a bright light in the mainspring well so you can see the end of the strut. You may need to move it a little to get the spring to go over the end of the strut, rather than along side it.

After you have done it once, there is nothing to it, especially if you have the dog bone pin.

Posts: 372 | Registered: March 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Definitely get the solid pin over the roll pin. It is super easy to put on and take off. No threading of anything is needed. Like others have said, just put it on the strut and that is all. It makes a huge difference in the trigger pull and your shooting proficiency will become much better in d.a..

Posts: 6883 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Order a dog bone pin from Brownells ahead of time so you don't need to put the roll pin back in.

My SBC roll pin came out easily with a punch.
Re-used it and all is well thus far. It sits firmly. Have since gotten a dog-bone pin to use if I ever need to go back in there.

Posts: 63 | Location: Fort Myers, Florida  | Registered: January 20, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
You're gonna like the D spring Wink

Posts: 13812 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
I have one on the way too. Once it arrives from MWG, I have the D and G spring kits, solid guide rod and night sights to install. I'm beginning to thing I have enough into this Beretta that I should have bought a Legion.

Posts: 12465 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

Done. Thank you PGT.

posted Hide Post
quote:
I have one on the way too. Once it arrives from MWG, I have the D and G spring kits, solid guide rod and night sights to install. I'm beginning to thing I have enough into this Beretta that I should have bought a Legion.

Where did you buy your gun/parts? What Beretta pistol? Seems like a lot.

Posts: 6883 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by patw:
quote:

Where did you buy your gun/parts? What Beretta pistol? Seems like a lot.

96A1. The G kit and the guide rod were bought from Beretta USA. They were out of the D spring kit so I bought it from Midwest Gunworks. Yes its a lot but I wanted something that matches a Cx4 Storm's magwell and I'm used to SIGs hence the G kit. I am also considering sending the slide and G kit to a pistol smith that is highly regarded on the Beretta forum to have him modify the right side of the decocker on the G kit so it fits flush. If Beretta would just make their pistols the way everyone wants them to, they would save us all some time and $$$.

Posts: 12465 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I hear you. These toys can get expensive.

posted Hide Post
quote:

The 92 Brigadier was easy. Couple minutes and I was done.
The Italian 92a1 was not so easy but I had a spring loaded punch that helped.
Both have a great DA pull now. The Brigadier may get sent off to WC for some work and their battle sights.

That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
My last and only Beretta is now a Wilson Combat 92G. Does this come from the factory with the D spring, or should I put one in? It doesn't have any trigger work on it or anything. I think Beretta sends them to Wilson Combat and Wilson Combat just send them out after a quick lookover.

Posts: 6661 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Take the risk or
lose the chance
posted Hide Post
[/QUOTE]
The G kit and the guide rod were bought from Beretta USA. They were out of the D spring kit so I bought it from Midwest Gunworks. Yes its a lot but I wanted something that matches a Cx4 Storm's magwell and I'm used to SIGs hence the G kit. I am also considering sending the slide and G kit to a pistol smith that is highly regarded on the Beretta forum to have him modify the right side of the decocker on the G kit so it fits flush.[/QUOTE]

If you're referring to WAL over on the Beretta Forum, in my experience he does great work and his turnaround is generally just a few days.

----------------------------------------
“The further a society drifts from truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.”

Posts: 1475 | Location: RR12 | Registered: February 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BB61:

I tried to push out the sights on a PX4 compact but they were in so tight they would not budge. I think they might have to be cut out.Are all Beretta pistols this stubborn on sights?

Posts: 12681 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post