SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    S&W 4553TSW (w/pics)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

S&W 4553TSW (w/pics) Login/Join 
SIGForum Official Hand Model
Picture of ThankGod4Sig
posted
LGS had a used one with a 4516 magazine included. Got a smoking deal on it. Couldn't resist.

Already have a 4506 and a 4566 so why not

CS45 mags fit so I guess I'll be in the market for those.

"da evil Count Glockula."-Para

Posts: 7903 | Location: C-bus, Ohio | Registered: December 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Whack-Job
Whisperer
Picture of 18DAI
posted Hide Post
Great pistol! Congrats! Smile

I carry its TDA cousin the 4513TSW. My favorite carry gun. Accurate, reliable and looks good doing all that! Enjoy that fine 45! Regards 18DAI

7+1 Rounds of hope and change

Posts: 4231 | Registered: August 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ThankGod4Sig
posted Hide Post
Wasn't there a website that had rough production numbers for 3rd Gen S&W's???

Posts: 7903 | Location: C-bus, Ohio | Registered: December 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nice find, I am also on the hunt for 3rd gen smith autos....they are great guns and popularity is coming back

Evil Triumphs When Good Men Do Nothing

Posts: 777 | Location: NC | Registered: November 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That's an awesome find! I miss my 4506 and I always have an eye out for one locally.

Laughing in the face of danger is all well and good until danger laughs back.

Posts: 496 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: July 08, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That is my spot.
posted Hide Post
Love it! Never have owned one but remember wanting the tsw series back in the day....

Local shop has a 457 for $350 I keep playing with (Well that's my price, it's marked $425.)

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. - Ben Franklin

Posts: 2110 | Location: Rural Tallahassee, FL | Registered: October 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Whack-Job
Whisperer
Picture of 18DAI
posted Hide Post
While the CS45 mags will fit and probably function, I would not use them for serious purpose.

Heres why. The CS45 mags have two detents stamped in either side of the mag. These were placed there to keep the next round up from moving forward under recoil.

I have shot all the S&W 45 mags in my 4513TSW. The 8 round, 7 round and both the OEM 4513TSW 6 round mag and CS45 6 round mag. While my gun has never malfunctioned with any of those mags, when carrying it on or off duty I only used the flush fit OEM mag, with a 7 or 8 round mag as a reload. Regards 18DAI

Picture of ThankGod4Sig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 18DAI:
While the CS45 mags will fit and probably function, I would not use them for serious purpose.

The only gun I use for a serious purpose is my G19 & G26.

This was an impulse buy for the heck of it. I wish I could find a 1076 or 1006 as an impulse buy.

The CS45 mags will function fine. You can pretty much feed rocks through 3rd Gen mags into the gun. I have 6-8 4506 mags that work fine and have never had springs or followers replace in 20 years.

posted Hide Post
I carried a 4506 for serious work for years. I love that gun. Tomorrow I will pick up a 4566 I bought from a member here and I'll bet I like that one just as well.

Posts: 5731 | Location: Chicago | Registered: August 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Whack-Job
Whisperer
Picture of 18DAI
posted Hide Post
Congrats on the Melonite 4566 Bulldog7972!! I look forward to your range report and impressions of that fine 45. Regards 18DAI

posted Hide Post
I picked it up yesterday. I gotta tell you this is one sweet gun. I love it. As a plus, it is in far better shape than I ever expected. Virtually zero finish wear and the internals look almost brand new. I probably will not be able to shoot it till this weekend however. Now I must begin my search for holsters.

Posts: 5731 | Location: Chicago | Registered: August 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Photoman
posted Hide Post
Those DAO third gen guns are nice shooters!

+++

Posts: 1561 | Registered: May 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Whack-Job
Whisperer
Picture of 18DAI
posted Hide Post
Bulldog7972 holsters for a Sig 220 work well with my 4566s. Regards 18DAI

Picture of ThankGod4Sig
posted Hide Post
Blade Tech makes a OWB Paddle holster you can order it from their site.

Picture of ThankGod4Sig
posted Hide Post
quote:
18DAI

You have mail at your email in your profile

The Whack-Job
Whisperer
Picture of 18DAI
posted Hide Post
Sir, I wont be there to recieveit till Saturday night.

If you like, you could send it to cdajpw@gmail.com for immediate reciept. Thank you! Regards 18DAI

Picture of UpTheIrons
posted Hide Post
I absolutely love my TSWs!

Ive a 4563 and a 4513!

“I used to be totally into Steve Vai and Joe Satriani and other shredders, and I tried to emulate what they did and really grow as a guitarist,” Mr. Hanneman said in “Louder Than Hell.” “Then I said, ‘I don’t think I’m that talented, but more important, I don’t care.’ ”

Posts: 1726 | Location: Arizona Territory | Registered: February 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ThankGod4Sig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 18DAI:
Sir, I wont be there to recieveit till Saturday night.

If you like, you could send it to cdajpw@gmail.com for immediate reciept. Thank you! Regards 18DAI

Sent