SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P320 Apex Kit Issues
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P320 Apex Kit Issues Login/Join 
posted
Any of you folks run this kit in a P320? I installed it in two of my P320s and the trigger has more grit and the pull weight actually went up not down. Thinking something is out of spec. Its the kit with the flat advanced trigger and trigger bar. Thoughts?

Posts: 173 | Registered: December 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have that kit in a P320. In fact, I cut a target crown on the barrel this morning, and it's sitting next to me.

I've shot it in a dozen or so matches. It's not a glass trigger or anything like that, but it's comfortable, has very little overtravel, a shorter reset than the factory trigger, and shorter takeup. No grit or additional pull weight.

I'd bet it's not assembled correctly, though I'm not sure what you could have done to cause the trigger to get heavier to to make it gritty, or what could be happening to create that effect.

Are you getting the same result in both P320's?

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
Correct kit for upgraded P320 pistols, or vice versa?

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8867 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sns3guppy:
I have that kit in a P320. In fact, I cut a target crown on the barrel this morning, and it's sitting next to me.

I've shot it in a dozen or so matches. It's not a glass trigger or anything like that, but it's comfortable, has very little overtravel, a shorter reset than the factory trigger, and shorter takeup. No grit or additional pull weight.

I'd bet it's not assembled correctly, though I'm not sure what you could have done to cause the trigger to get heavier to to make it gritty, or what could be happening to create that effect.

Are you getting the same result in both P320's?

Yeah there isnt really any way to assemble it incorrectly and when reassembled with the stock parts it's fine. And yes, it has the same issues in both p320s. Definitely a head scratcher.

posted Hide Post
I have the Apex trigger bar and (Keres trigger) in my P320F.
The Apex bar alone dropped pull weight 1lb.

Grittiness generally comes from the sear - striker lug interface.
Maybe your pivots and their bores are not sized correctly ?
I would dry fit those parts and make sure that they pivot cleanly and that there is no rubbing on the FCU body.

Posts: 434 | Registered: November 03, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have Apex parts in all my M&Ps and continue to buy them. I did try the initial run of the Apex P320 trigger bar. It did add weight to the trigger and too me made it feel sluggish. I replaced it with a Gray Gun competition trigger kit.

Posts: 172 | Registered: January 04, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Roughneck6:
I have Apex parts in all my M&Ps and continue to buy them. I did try the initial run of the Apex P320 trigger bar. It did add weight to the trigger and too me made it feel sluggish. I replaced it with a Gray Gun competition trigger kit.

This is the part that burns my rear. I have their triggers in all of my M&Ps and Glocks and have had nothing but good luck.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by glennv:

Yeah there isnt really any way to assemble it incorrectly and when reassembled with the stock parts it's fine. And yes, it has the same issues in both p320s. Definitely a head scratcher.

Well, there is. Which is why I asked.

Is it this gritty when the slide is off? Can you see if the trigger bar is contacting the frame? Which grip module is in use?

Apex advises that pull weight will increase in x-grip modules, and does not recommend their product in subcompact pistols.

In the past, some have reported the trigger bar experiencing interference with the x-grip. I have mine in the x-grip and haven't experienced the problems, but those who have experienced it have been able to relieve the inside of the frame with a dremel to solve problem.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ALLEGRO1957
posted Hide Post
I installed one on my P320cRX and it has been great. Pulls consistently at 4.5lbs and the feel is really nice.

I really don't like curved trigger shoes so the straight shoe and the break at vertical is sweet.

Be a productive citizen but always be prepared

Posts: 43 | Registered: October 14, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
I also have their trigger and trigger bar in an X-grip and have no issues.

Pull weight was reduced a smidge, but reset and pre-travel were improved a good deal.

Absolutely no grittiness. I'm at close to 2000 rounds into the Apex trigger and no issues since the first shot.

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not to be a smartass, but have you called Apex TS and talked through it with them?

Posts: 102 | Location: Mentor, OH | Registered: March 10, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Call Apex, they are friendly and very helpful. That said, I dont think the stock trigger needs anything.

Posts: 1871 | Registered: June 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post