SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    My Wife had a hand in the new Taurus Spectrum.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My Wife had a hand in the new Taurus Spectrum. Login/Join 
They're after my Lucky Charms!
Picture of IrishWind
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mars_Attacks:
It's like 1998 all over again.

Lord, your ocean is so very large and my divos are so very f****d-up
Dirt Sailors Unite!

Posts: 25075 | Location: NoVa | Registered: May 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doing my best to shape
America's youth
Picture of MooneyP226
posted Hide Post
It's Judy Jetson's purse gun!

Kinda neat, IMHO.

Taurus works/ worked for Jesse Duff (and vice-versa) and seems to be popular enough. If reliable, this could be an interesting design.

Clarior Hinc Honos

BSA Dad, Cheer Dad

Posts: 1624 | Location: on the 42nd parallel  | Registered: November 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Billy346
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by limblessbiff:
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
What is the keyhole for?

Lawyer lock so that in an "oh shit moment" it won't work

"Lawyer Lock". Made me laugh. Smile

"Like a horse has its rider, and the sky has its moon, a man has his loneliness, mistaken as pride." -Longmire

Posts: 539 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: January 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
That trigger looks like it's a mile wide.

I do like the modern look overall!

Posts: 33750 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Deputy 617
posted Hide Post
As much as I have not been impressed with the Taurus handguns that I have owned in the past, I'd be willing to bet that my wife will ask me to buy her one if it can be had with purple gripping material instead of the color pictured in the original post. She has a thing for little .380 pistols and carries one daily. I can't argue with her decision though because she does shoot, and is pretty good with the little things.

SIG SAUER...... Get you some!

Posts: 369 | Location: Kansas City | Registered: July 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
OneWheelDrive, I'm glad your wife was involved in development of a pistol, but Taurus needs to stop with the gimmicks. Last time, it was a curved pistol. What's it going to be the next time after the new Scrotum with its jazzy fashion colors? Something that blows bubbles? Maybe a built-in MP3 player?

This pistol will be out of production in a year, perhaps 18 months. Mark my word.

Tuarus' marketing department needs to take a very long vacation, and then be replaced by people who've actually shot firearms at some point in their life.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107465 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Deputy 617:
I'd be willing to bet that my wife will ask me to buy her one if it can be had with purple gripping material instead of the color pictured in the original post.

It does. There are apparently 20 different grip colors, along with two different slide colors and three different frame colors.

That seems to be the entire selling point of this gun: It comes in a bunch of different colors.

Likely going after the same segment of the public who also buy their cars based solely off "Ooh, that one's pretty!".

Posts: 32489 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
They're after my Lucky Charms!
Picture of IrishWind
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
quote:
Originally posted by Deputy 617:
I'd be willing to bet that my wife will ask me to buy her one if it can be had with purple gripping material instead of the color pictured in the original post.

It does. There are apparently 20 different grip colors, along with two different slide colors and three different frame colors.

That seems to be the entire selling point of this gun: It comes in a bunch of different colors.

Likely going after the same segment of the public who also buy their cars based solely off "Ooh, that one's pretty!".

People here have stated it was Sig selling other than Black/K-Kote/Nickle is what saved them from going under. The Rainbow finish might not be for everyday carry, but it did sell. Plus cerecote the frame blue, add a cutie mark, an you can get more women and bronies into our sport.

Lord, your ocean is so very large and my divos are so very f****d-up
Dirt Sailors Unite!

Posts: 25075 | Location: NoVa | Registered: May 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post