SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    My Wife had a hand in the new Taurus Spectrum.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My Wife had a hand in the new Taurus Spectrum. Login/Join 
E Plebmnista; Norcom, Forcom, Perfectumum.
Picture of OneWheelDrive
posted
My Wife's employer makes the soft grip panels on the Spectrum, and she was asked for her input on the fit and feel by the R&D guys.

I sure hope this is a good pistol, because I may have to buy her one. I have two Taurus revolvers, but no semi-autos.

At least it's sparked an interest in CCW for her.

================================================
Ultron: "You're unbearably naive."
Vision: "Well, I was born yesterday."

Posts: 4788 | Location: St. Louis, Mo | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
I like, if not the color scheme, the fact that it is very smooth and rounded and snag-free, something overlooked in a gun that may be pocket carried.

Posts: 27948 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
It is so space age. And that's all I have to say about that. Big Grin

Q

Posts: 26374 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E Plebmnista; Norcom, Forcom, Perfectumum.
Picture of OneWheelDrive
posted Hide Post
There are other color options and perhaps a BSG reboot will need some new weapons?

Meanwhile, I don't know when these will hit the shelves and I'll be looking for a PK380 for her to try.

================================================
Ultron: "You're unbearably naive."
Vision: "Well, I was born yesterday."

Posts: 4788 | Location: St. Louis, Mo | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
Interesting story about your wife's involvment .

When I read about the Spectrum earlier, it reminds me so much of a Mini Vektor CP-1, a South African pistol made in the 90's.

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only dead fish
go with the flow
Picture of pessimist
posted Hide Post
How does it react to solvents/chemicals?

Posts: 1517 | Registered: March 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
What is the keyhole for?

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20819 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Blue Machine
Picture of Phred
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
What is the keyhole for?

Are those pictograms or an open and a locked padlock? Some kind of internal lock perhaps?

Posts: 1626 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: February 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
What is the keyhole for?

Lawyer lock so that in an "oh shit moment" it won't work

Posts: 3371 | Registered: December 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
sick puppy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sunset_Va:
Interesting story about your wife's involvment .

When I read about the Spectrum earlier, it reminds me so much of a Mini Vektor CP-1, a South African pistol made in the 90's.

I hope it works better than the Vektor. I had a chance to buy a Vektor, and sometimes wish i had, but glad i didnt at the same time.

Posts: 7546 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of winter_war
posted Hide Post
Aren't all of the newer Taurus models (Taurii?) equipped with a keyed lock these days? My wife's Model 85 has one and she found herself locked out at the range once without the key. She quit locking it after that...

I hope that Spectrum's design doesn't give SIG any ideas. Big Grin

Posts: 755 | Location: Texas | Registered: November 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Learn it, know it, live it
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
I'd run away from any Tauras that wasn't a revolver.
FIL had a 709 slim and it couldn't make it thru 1 mag without a problem.

Posts: 4360 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Cobra21
posted Hide Post
.380?

Risk the consequences of honesty...

Posts: 4498 | Location: DFW, TX | Registered: December 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
quote:

My 709 Slim was from the product's early days where everyone on the web was claiming that it was a functional disaster. And yet a decade later I'm still waiting for its first stoppage to occur. OTOH the PT111 Millennium Pro I bought about the same time...that one was the proverbial train wreck.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
Oh about the new gun...looks like something Reebok would've designed.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not sure about the colors but I like the rounded design. My TCP has been 100% reliable so far.

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain

Posts: 3531 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Actually, I have to say, I think it looks kinda cool. But I am also the guy who likes the spacegun look. Smile

A hearty congrats to your wife for having been party to the production of a new and interesting product. I work in production and would be proud to be able to say what she can. Smile

Posts: 17122 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by soggy_spinout:
quote:

My 709 Slim was from the product's early days where everyone on the web was claiming that it was a functional disaster. And yet a decade later I'm still waiting for its first stoppage to occur. OTOH the PT111 Millennium Pro I bought about the same time...that one was the proverbial train wreck.

I also had a 709, mine never had a problem, in the couple of years that I had and shot it.

"than the Vektor. I had a chance to buy a Vektor, and sometimes wish i had, but glad i didnt at the same time."

I remember being in Virginia Beach when they were first introduced , and visiting the gun shop that was their distributor. It was a neat pistol, at least I got to handle one in person, although I didn't purchase.

Later Vektor installed upgrades to the CP1 on many of the owners pistols, most however weren't upgraded after owners sent them in for their payment return.

I do have a souvenir of the CP-1, two black plastic keychain replicas I bought during my visit!

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Very cool she had input.

Posts: 13809 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
It's like 1998 all over again.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34115 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post