SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    S&W 1006 value

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
S&W 1006 value Login/Join 
posted
I have an opportunity to buy a used 1006 with one mag for $550. It has the usual surface scratches that a lot of the stainless smiths have but the only thing I seen that is a little worrisome is the piece of metal that runs under the top part of the grip panel that connects to the plunger on the end of the slide release. I was able to depress the plunger and push the grip down but it just pops right back up, I have a 4506 that has hogue grips and have never noticed it on the 4506, the gun seemed to function fine just not sure if it’s a minor issue or something major.

Posts: 2059 | Location: Alabama  | Registered: February 01, 2006Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by big_gun_man:
I have an opportunity to buy a used 1006 with one mag for $550. It has the usual surface scratches that a lot of the stainless smiths have but the only thing I seen that is a little worrisome is the piece of metal that runs under the top part of the grip panel that connects to the plunger on the end of the slide release. I was able to depress the plunger and push the grip down but it just pops right back up, I have a 4506 that has hogue grips and have never noticed it on the 4506, the gun seemed to function fine just not sure if it’s a minor issue or something major.

For $550? Jump all over it. They'll routinely sell for close to $1000. Parts are hard to come by for 3rd Gen Smiths, but for one of their almost perfect 10mm's, well worth the risk, even with the issue. Would love to add a 1006 to my stable.

Posts: 760 | Location: Athol, ID | Registered: October 07, 2011Report This Post
Picture of iron chef
posted Hide Post
If you want a 10mm, as xanth advised, I'd jump on it. You should be aware though that extra mags run about $75 each.

Posts: 3185 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 17, 2003Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I think that's a very good price. I'd buy in a heartbeat.

Posts: 563 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: February 26, 2012Report This Post
Picture of CAR
posted Hide Post
That is a good price, they run $800-$1000 here when they come up for sale.

Posts: 926 | Location: Ohio | Registered: May 11, 2008Report This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
I'd buy it.

But I'm a bit of a 10mm fan boy.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17460 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I do not have any 10MM but have multiples of S&W 3rd gens in 9MM and 40 cal. That seems to be a very, very good price. 10MM Smiths are prize possessions. They are outside of my gun budget parameters.

Posts: 794 | Location: NW North Carolina | Registered: November 04, 2009Report This Post
posted Hide Post
My first gun was a 6906 and many friends had the 5906. My experience is that most anything in the third gen S&W are great guns. They also seem to have enough demand to hold good value. Grab it!

NRA Life Member/GOA Life Member

Posts: 137 | Location: Gainesville, FL.  | Registered: July 06, 2020Report This Post
Giftedly Outspoken
Picture of sigarms229
posted Hide Post
Buy it. Should be over $800 even if its a little banged up.

Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six

Posts: 4521 | Location: SouthCentral PA | Registered: December 05, 1999Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I decided to get it, thanks for all the replies.

Posts: 2059 | Location: Alabama  | Registered: February 01, 2006Report This Post
Buy that Classic SIG in All Stainless,
No rail wear will be painless.
Picture of cee_Kamp
posted Hide Post
I gifted my brother two S & W 3rd generation guns a few years ago. A 1006 and a 5906.
The 5906 was LNIB, the 1006, not so much.
I found a S & W 3rd generation gunsmith in the deep south, he even has some factory 3rd gen parts.
It seems the 1006 that I gifted my brother, someone (Bubba) had done a kitchen table "action job" poorly.
I sent the 1006 to the gunsmith, when he finished getting it pristine, off it went to my brother.
My Brother is quite pleased with both 3rd generation S & W pistols. But he really likes the 1006.
Well, except for buying 10mm ammo.
Contact me if you would like that gunsmith information. (he's also an FFL)

NRA Benefactor Life Member
NRA Instructor
USPSA Chief Range Officer

Posts: 1532 | Registered: December 14, 2009Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Sent you an email

quote:
Originally posted by cee_Kamp:
I gifted my brother two S & W 3rd generation guns a few years ago. A 1006 and a 5906.
The 5906 was LNIB, the 1006, not so much.
I found a S & W 3rd generation gunsmith in the deep south, he even has some factory 3rd gen parts.
It seems the 1006 that I gifted my brother, someone (Bubba) had done a kitchen table "action job" poorly.
I sent the 1006 to the gunsmith, when he finished getting it pristine, off it went to my brother.
My Brother is quite pleased with both 3rd generation S & W pistols. But he really likes the 1006.
Well, except for buying 10mm ammo.
Contact me if you would like that gunsmith information. (he's also an FFL)

Buy that Classic SIG in All Stainless,
No rail wear will be painless.
Picture of cee_Kamp
posted Hide Post
Returned email to you.

NRA Benefactor Life Member
NRA Instructor
USPSA Chief Range Officer

Posts: 1532 | Registered: December 14, 2009Report This Post