SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Dear SIG: Can we start over?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dear SIG: Can we start over? Login/Join 
posted
Please start over with a fresh design, that makes one think “SIG”

Striker and DA/SA styles, Sub, compact, full but not total modularity.

Make it accurate, no beta testing, just make it right from the get go.

Please

Too much wine, and frustrated!

Posts: 1153 | Location: Decatur, GA | Registered: November 14, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
Name one gun in history that was "right from the get go."

There is no such thing. All of them have gone through fixes and upgrades.

Have you guys forgotten about the years and years that some of the pistol designs you're familiar with have been around?

Goll-lly.

While we're asking for everything we want, I want a pony that farts gold bricks.

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arcwelder76:

While we're asking for everything we want, I want a pony that farts gold bricks.

Dang, I was holding out for an elephant that pushes out a platinum/palladium blend... and a strong pachyderm enema.

Posts: 9152 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
A single stack the size of a P225, all stainless steel, 9mm or .357 Sig. Lets turn those little sheet metal formed operating levers into machined parts.

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David Lee:
A single stack the size of a P225, all stainless steel, 9mm or .357 Sig. Lets turn those little sheet metal formed operating levers into machined parts.

We can always dream, David. Smile

Q

Posts: 26372 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thermonuclear Vulcan
Picture of Zebulon
posted Hide Post
I'm with David Lee.....A shared passion for many years now. Zebulon

Posts: 2761 | Location: Central North Carolina | Registered: November 19, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Count me in for a stainless classic P225!

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16086 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
Ah, the wonders of fantasy.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
I'm just happy that they offer a non-railed pistol in the current P225. If I was going to ask for something, I'd just want a currently made non-railed version of each P22x pistol.

I also prefer the folded slides to the stainless. Weird, I know.

Arc.

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
I also prefer the folded slides to the stainless. Weird, I know.

There are a lot of weird people on here. You're not the only one. Wink

Q

Posts: 26372 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

Multiple HK releases, including very recent ones. Or you're aware of any post release changes done to, say, P30?

Posts: 481 | Registered: April 03, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
There are a lot of weird people on here. You're not the only one. Wink

I'm surrounded by Weirdos! ... Keep firing, Weirdos!

quote:
Originally posted by YVK:
quote:

Multiple HK releases, including very recent ones. Or you're aware of any post release changes done to, say, P30?

No modifications, changes or "beta testing?" How sure are you? Does said design innovate in any appreciable way? Would you like to count "Gen 5" Glocks? Because I would posit that a "version X.X" of an established chain of weapons has plenty of "beta testing" behind it, not just the R&D.

Arc.

posted Hide Post
quote:
I want a pony that farts gold bricks.

One of Dad's pearls of wisdom --
"What's the definition of a surprise? A fart with a lump in it."
"Let's not have any surprises out there today."

Gold bricks are likely the one good surprise.

Posts: 7871 | Location: Colorado | Registered: January 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Wasn't the decision to switch to milled slides a function of accommodating the .45ACP and 357SIG and .40 S&W?

One way or another I'd like to see a new series of 9mm pistols based off of the basic design of the 225A1, with variants that have a steel frame, a longer grip frame, a longer slide/barrel combination, or some combination of the above. I'd love to see versions in 357SIG, 40S&W, the glorious .38 Super, etc., but at the very least I'd like to see this done with 9mm.

They would work just fine with stamped slides if SIG were willing to set up the machinery. I don't know about you guys, but the stamped slides on 9mm 220s still strike me as light, compact, and slightly over-engineered for the 9mm in a good way. The only problem, of course, is that if SIG harbored ambitions for 357/40 versions of the pistol, then they might just insist that a milled slide is the only way to go.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Il Cattivo:
Wasn't the decision to switch to milled slides a function of accommodating the .45ACP and 357SIG and .40 S&W?.

The .40 S&W and .357SIG, yes. The folded slide P220 was designed to handle the .45 ACP just fine.

Q

Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Eh, I think that chronologically you're right - SIG originally intended for the stamped slide to work for .45ACP versions. That being said, there were a whole suite of "beefing up" measures that wound up getting applied to the 220 as SIG slowly decided that the 220 was a ".45ACP-only" pistol.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Funny, I spent a career surrounded by gold bricks and it didn't make me happy.

Posts: 17141 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

And most of the CZ stuff, including the P10C.

Posts: 5163 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

quote:
quote:

No modifications, changes or "beta testing?" How sure are you? Does said design innovate in any appreciable way? Would you like to count "Gen 5" Glocks? Because I would posit that a "version X.X" of an established chain of weapons has plenty of "beta testing" behind it, not just the R&D.

I am slightly confused why I would be counting Gen 5 Glocks when I said "HK". Innovation? I'd
say yes, the most modular frame design with the easiest way of changing erogs, the most intelligent decocker design for DA/SA, LEM trigger unlike anything else on the market. Yes, I am pretty sure that there were no post-release changes to address deficiencies found by end users, an occurrence with which SIG is synonymous these days.

Posts: 481 | Registered: April 03, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
To Whom it may concern:

I write this knowing I will draw fire. So, before you draw - I am not being sarcastic – or snide – or argumentative. I’m asking from a “practical” perspective and simply because I honestly don’t know.

I think it’s great that the more experienced SIG users here want to talk about their “ultimate” SIG. I really do.

The reason I’m confused by most of what is being said here is this. My P239 – and my P220 – as is – are all I want and could ever ask for in 2018, 2019 and probably beyond. Seriously. They both fit my hands almost perfectly. Reliable? To a fault. The .357 SIG and .45 acp? Eventually, Captain Kirk might let me borrow his hand laser with Stun and Vaporize modes – but until then – what I have both excel in their missions considering the admitted limitations of SD handguns. The P239 hides nicely.

All to say, I respect your deeper level of experience – and I understand your wish list endeavors – but am puzzled by wanting to fix what are already working so well? Maybe they just work so well for me????

OK…back to our regularly scheduled program. Carry on.

Posts: 13 | Location: Blue Ridge Mountains | Registered: May 22, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post