SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    MecGar P228/P229 followers? Available anywhere?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

MecGar P228/P229 followers? Available anywhere? Login/Join 
Picture of gaspipes
posted
I have several P229 13rd mags I would like to convert to 15rds. At one time, I bought some followers from Top Gun Supply that I think were the MecGar followers for the P228/229 mag that holds 15rds. I think there were about $8. I don't see them on TGS web site anymore.

Has anyone bought any of these recently from any vendor? Google yields 0 results. Will MecGar sell the part? They don't list mags parts on their site, just mags.

Μολὼν λαβέ

Posts: 1345 | Registered: October 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Syngin1066
posted Hide Post
Which 13 rd mags do you have? The German mags are different, they have the dimples on the bottom edge of the mag. I don't think a follower swap will work and get you 15 rds in these mags. The springs are different in the Mecgar 228 15 rds (not talking the 229-1 mags). They don't fit the older mags either. This might work in the straight side Italian mags. Might be cheaper / easier to just buy the 228 15's from Greg Cote. I think they are $25 ea?

All I've had all day is like six gummy bears and some scotch...

Posts: 4851 | Location: Celina, TX | Registered: February 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Top Gun Supply
posted Hide Post
Mec-Gar will not sell the parts. Magazine parts have become increasingly difficult to find.

https://www.topgunsupply.com

SIG SAUER Dealer and Parts Distributor

Posts: 10338 | Location: Ohio | Registered: April 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of gaspipes
posted Hide Post
That figures......

Syngin the followers I bought before were just MecGar P228 15rd mag followers. The springs that were in the 13rd mags work fine. The only reason a Sig P228/229 won't hold 15 rounds is the huge follower. I'm just going to chop them down I guess.

I wonder if a P229-1 follower will work in the P228 13 rd mag? Might have to try that. It sucks that MecGar won't sell parts.

Μολὼν λαβέ

Posts: 1345 | Registered: October 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Top Gun Supply:
Mec-Gar will not sell the parts. Magazine parts have become increasingly difficult to find.
Yup, I once bought a bulk pack of P220 10 round mag tubes, 100 of them, only to find I couldnt buy the rest of the parts to assemble them. What a waste of $.

Posts: 17891 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post