Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sig P225 Login/Join 
Picture of Slugo
posted
Possibly my favorite 9mm pistol. Very slim and easy to carry!

Posts: 59 | Registered: June 26, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
There are good reasons it is a favorite of many.

Q

Posts: 26384 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of msfzoe
posted Hide Post
Looking for an IWB LH holster for a P225/P6.
Suggestions appreciated.

Posts: 2422 | Location: newyorkistan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I miss mine. It was a great feeling pistol overall. I carried in mine in a Kydex holster. Some people prefer leather/suede but the Kydex holsters I own are perfect for the job.

Posts: 6888 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Green Highlander
posted Hide Post
Love the P225. I carry mine IWB in an R Grizzle City Slicker 2. Very comfortable and I could not be happier with it.

"You know, Scotland has its own martial arts. Yeah, it's called Fuck You. It's mostly just head butting and then kicking people when they're on the ground." - Charlie MacKenzie (Mike Myers in "So I Married an Axe Murderer")

Posts: 2387 | Location: Seacoast, NH | Registered: July 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of crash
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by msfzoe:
Looking for an IWB LH holster for a P225/P6.
Suggestions appreciated.

Garrett Industries Silent Thunder IWB is my favorite of all IWB holsters. Easy on, easy off, great retention and comfortable. It checks all the boxes for me.

"If the wind is not against you, it is not blowing."

Posts: 1281 | Location: Down East | Registered: January 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My favorite too!

Posts: 2011 | Registered: March 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The P6 I have lacks the bulge at the top of the grip that my 229 and M11-A1 have, but the guns are pretty damn close the same size. Great feeling gun in the hand for sure.

Posts: 465 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Can't believe all the praises for the forum mascot and no pics. Well, let me remedy this deficiency. Big Grin

Q

Posts: 26384 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of xl_target
posted Hide Post
I'll throw in a couple. Well... one is a P6

Posts: 2322 | Registered: January 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I love mine. It is a p225 that is well cared for. I can't show a picture since I lost that capability switching out of Photobucket into Imgur and have not learned to post yet.
As for holsters, I use leather ones designed for the P228/229. I also smoothed the dubble action pull by changing the hammer spring to an 18lb. It was a mighty wrestling-job to put the spring and pin back on, and then the number of times it would fly-off and waist time looking for it. Well worth the experience though.

Posts: 627 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: October 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The P225 is an O.K. pistol. I have three.

Posts: 1988 | Location: metro Atlanta, GA | Registered: July 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SigSentry
posted Hide Post

Posts: 3520 | Registered: May 30, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of usmc-nav
posted Hide Post
I just almost purchased one on Thursday. Immaculate condition from 1991. Marked W Germany
Executed, NH. KA under barrel. 2 out of 3 numbers matched but barrel didn't. Could have gotten for 400.00. Mistake or not ?

Posts: 539 | Registered: August 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
Other than a P-210, I think the P-225 is the closest thing to a "cult gun" offered by Sig.

Prior to the P6 Imports, the P-225 commanded some strong prices.

While the P-225 does not fit everyone, it fits many people nicely. Back before the P6 imports, if you bought a P-225 and did not like it, you could likely sell it for at least what you paid for it.

it is a real Classic, IMO.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36840 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by usmc-nav:
I just almost purchased one on Thursday. Immaculate condition from 1991. Marked W Germany
Executed, NH. KA under barrel. 2 out of 3 numbers matched but barrel didn't. Could have gotten for 400.00. Mistake or not ?

You rarely see a beater P6 for $400.00 in my area.

Posts: 1988 | Location: metro Atlanta, GA | Registered: July 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Green Highlander
posted Hide Post
quote:

Go back and buy this first thing in the morning. That is a great deal.

"You know, Scotland has its own martial arts. Yeah, it's called Fuck You. It's mostly just head butting and then kicking people when they're on the ground." - Charlie MacKenzie (Mike Myers in "So I Married an Axe Murderer")

Posts: 2387 | Location: Seacoast, NH | Registered: July 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Could have gotten for 400.00. Mistake or not ?

Buy it, buy it, BUY IT!

Posts: 10055 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If for some reason I had to reduce my herd to two handguns, one would be a 225. The other would be an S&W 3" Model 65.Or maybe....

Posts: 1699 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of got2hav1
posted Hide Post
One of my favorites also. Herndon P225 with Nils

JEREMIAH 33:3

Posts: 2765 | Location: Eastern NC | Registered: March 14, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post