SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Gen 4 G19 trigger upgrades.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Gen 4 G19 trigger upgrades. Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Whatever you decide just make sure it works! Most every "my glock is malfunctioning " thread starts with I put aftermarket parts in a previously reliable gun now I am having issues.
I don't care for tinkering with internals on anything that already runs.
While I am not saying you are "this guy" but most people looking for better glock triggers are people used to guns with good to great triggers and are having trouble adjusting to the reality of what a glock trigger is. I shoot gssf and am a master class shooter and see people that can shoot very fast and accurate in gssf which by definition requires the gun to be stock in regards to internals. When you look at what the top shooters are running scores wise in master stock vs top score in unlimited (where aftermarket stuff is allowed) the performance difference is very small.

Posts: 3271 | Location: Finally free in AZ! | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SgtGold:
quote:
Originally posted by pedropcola:
No spring changes, gen3 bar, just as safe as the factory setup.

Is there a reliability issue with aftermarket trigger bars?

I think there could be a safety issue as some cheat the FPS to shorten the pull.

-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
Haven't dealt with any reliability issues with replacing just the trigger assembly alone, or just the trigger bar, at least with ZEV pieces. The one Pyramid I had was problem-free, too; I just didn't like it as much as ZEVs so it was traded off. But where I've encountered reliability issues is most often with any springs that are provided as "upgrades". Ghost springs are particularly suspect IMHO.

When I swapped the connector on my G24 for a Ghost Rocket, after the first couple of live fire sessions I subsequently went ahead and installed all of the rest of the kit that came in the package, including springs. Big mistake. The trigger was incredibly light at break as a result, in fact way too much so to perhaps 2 lbs. And then it wouldn't reset, because there wasn't enough sprung tension to send the trigger forward. The bow would creep forward about 1/4 to 1/3 of what it needed to, then stop. I'd have to take my weak hand thumb or my trigger finger and help it the rest of the way before the trigger would finally reset. Combine that with a crazy light trigger break...potential for disaster. I didn't bother to figure out any "ideal" combination after that. All of those springs were pulled and thrown in the trash.

Generally these days I leave the factory springs in place with my ZEV setups. And I don't readjust or fiddle with the trigger weight that ZEV threadlocked their bars to at the factory.

EDIT: I also should say that I keep my trigger mods on my carry guns to a minimum. I often will delete the serrated "target trigger" and convert to a Gen3 full-size (smooth face) trigger bar. I sometimes will install the minus (-) connector and polish up the internal contact faces in the trigger assembly, but definitely not always. It often depends on the particular gun and how 'bad' it really is. Mostly I try to stick with Glock parts.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Get a gen 3 G17 smooth faced trigger bar assembly, ghost 3.5 connector, and do the .25 cent trigger job and you will have a good trigger on your gun. I have contemplated getting an Apex flat faced trigger, but the mods listed above work well so I haven't made the jump yet.

Posts: 1491 | Registered: December 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redhookbklyn
posted Hide Post
Recently installed an Overwatch FALX trigger in a newly purchased Gen 4 G19. Very forgiving if you use "too much" trigger finger, as advertised. Not cheap but worth it, in my case.

I especially liked the fact Overwatch used the OEM Gen 3 trigger bar with their FALX model.

Safety values are not compromised. Take up is smooth, break is clean and the reset is positive.

“There is love in me the likes of which you’ve never seen. There is rage in me the likes of which should never escape."
—Mary Shelley, Frankenstein

Posts: 1925 | Location: South Carolina  | Registered: January 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sammael
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RNshooter:
Try a standard Gen 3 connector and a G17 smooth face trigger. Polish with NevrDull and use light grease.
Cheap, easy, safe.

Bruce

This is what I've done with mine - Works quite well for me. Much improved, yet no compromising on reliability.

Last thing I want to do on a defensive gun is change things around and spend time trying to get it to 'just run'.

This way, it does improve the trigger significantly without inducing any type of reliability issue.

Posts: 567 | Registered: August 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
I like the factory 3.5 connector and the smooth factory trigger. I hear good things about the Suarez flat trigger. Be careful polishing trigger components. I have seen many a Glocks go double tap or full auto due to over polishing

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by John3200:
Best trigger mod you can do to any Glock is to throw the Glock away and buy a P320. LOL True story!!

Then you would have a pistol that can fire without you pulling the trigger. How light is that?

Posts: 604 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: June 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Vaalic:
The best trigger upgrade for a G19 is a couple of cases of ammo.

Apply liberally, rinse, repeat.

Totally incorrect.

Posts: 604 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: June 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Bookmarked for ideas. I like my gen 4, but the trigger pull could be better.

quote:
Best trigger mod you can do to any Glock is to throw the Glock away and buy a P320. LOL True story!!

Cool threadshit LOL!

Roll Eyes

Posts: 17060 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
So one of my dudes attended the Advanced Glock Armorer course last week. He got to spend a little time with the 17M (Gen5). He stated that they have made huge improvements in the trigger, among other things, and that if the production guns come out as nice as that sample, Ghost and some of the others will be hurting......

He said that without a doubt the gun lives up to the hype.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37084 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

So you threw it in the trash ?
Do tell .

Posts: 705 | Location: S.W.Florida | Registered: August 18, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
Well, I polished with a dremel cloth and metal polish. Besides the safety plunger, I found the most important part to polish is the striker tab.

It's slick as glass now. Break is still crisp, but not as catchy feeling. The take up feels good with the safety plunger contact points slicked up. I suppose a G17 smooth trigger shoe will finish fit up.

I did it with a q-tip first but that didn't do much. Still felt catchy. The dremel is the way to go. Just do the flats and not any corners.

TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
fugitive from reality
Picture of SgtGold
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nick B:
quote:

Do tell .

I hope he didn't throw the Sig around. We all know what's happening with those. Eek

Posts: 7069 | Location: Newyorkistan | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SgtGold:
quote:
Originally posted by Nick B:
quote:

Do tell .

I hope he didn't throw the Sig around. We all know what's happening with those. Eek
oi

You must carefully place in the refuse containers to avoid an unintended discharge

TCB all the time...

Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
When converting to Glocks I started researching this topic as well. I found that a Gen 3 smooth trigger (G17) and a thousand rounds down the barrel did the trick. I don't know what is different on the Gen 4 Glock 34 compared to the G17/19, probably just the connector (One of the Glockophiles will know and come along) but it's pretty good. I know you want a shoe as well though. I just found, that with a bunch of range time, that's all I needed. My only want is a factory smooth trigger for the G43. Serrations cut into my trigger finger during extended range visits.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12569 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cat Whisperer
Picture of cmr076
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JBP55:
quote:

Then you would have a pistol that can fire without you pulling the trigger. How light is that?

he had to be kidding. OP asked about a trigger mod that DOESN't affect drop safety, and he recommends a gun that has just been all over firearm news for failing drop tests.

------------------------------------

├┼┼╕
246R

Posts: 3901 | Location: SE PA | Registered: November 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post