SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Got the bug and trying to decide which pistol 3 Sigs which one
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Got the bug and trying to decide which pistol 3 Sigs which one Login/Join 
posted
I have a (actually have two) Sig P320 9mm compacts with Sig night sights and manual safety. Great pistol shoot it very well and easy to carry. 1911 guy reason for the safety, just easy.

I also have a Sig P228 that I purchased. Finish was in terrible shape but barrel was great. Sent it to Sig the replaced all the springs, put the SRT trigger (will never have anything else in it, very smooth trigger in DA and SA), new night sights. Then sent it off to get it refinished. (black cerekote). I did put Trijicon HD yellow front night sights on it but going back to the factory ones.

I have been looking at getting an M11-A1, really just because. Like the look, the finish, the mags.

So which would you carry and why?

Your experience with any of the above?

Pics of yours?

How do you carry yours? (in what?)

Question:
So pic your carry.

Choices:
Sig M11-A1 9mm
Sig P320 Compact 9mm Manual Safety
Sig P228 9mm

Posts: 397 | Registered: June 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Tgrshrk99
posted Hide Post
P228.

Posts: 606 | Location: Between here and the end of the line | Registered: November 29, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tgrshrk99:
P228.

Cool

Mine, in the Comp-Tac Infidel Max. Very comfortable.

Q

Posts: 26350 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I kick myself for getting rid of the original p228 I had. It was a great performer.

Posts: 6872 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HayesGreener
posted Hide Post
I carried a P228 for duty for many years and loved it. My agency had several thousand of them and they were absolutely dependable. Always carried in a Strong or Tucker Gunleather H1 strong side holster. I bought a M11A1 when they came out to take some of the shooting pressure off the older P228. Went through several instructor courses with it and nary a hiccup. I put Hogue G10's and Trijicon HD night sights on both of those pistols.

I prefer the classic Sigs for carry because they just feel right in my hand. Much has to do with many hours of training and drills with this platform.

I really like the P320C as well and have three of them that I use in training. There is something about the ergonomics of the P320 that causes novices to do very well with it. I have no use for the external safety but understand why some would.

CMSGT USAF (Retired)
Chief of Police (Retired)

Posts: 4358 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Go with the M11. 228s don't belong in evidence lockers!
Which is where the 228 will be if you have to use it on the street.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16070 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Stupid question. What's the difference between the P228 and the M11-a1?

Posts: 548 | Location: washington state. | Registered: June 30, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lunchbox:
Stupid question. What's the difference between the P228 and the M11-a1?

P228 = the real M11
M11-A1 = M11 wannabe (aka a rebadged P229)

Q

Posts: 26350 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Got ya. I just like it because it doesn't have a rail. I've had west German p228s and p229s and I honestly preferred the P229 but my dad has that one now. It's was a nice two tone p229 with no rail

Posts: 548 | Location: washington state. | Registered: June 30, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:

For real?
(I really like my P229...)

God bless America.

Posts: 13486 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vthoky:
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:

For real?
(I really like my P229...)

Just fact. Even SIG finally decided to call it a P229. Note that I never said the P229 is bad. It is excellent, even better than the P228 in certain aspects. I have a few P229s myself. Smile

Q

Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
No worries -- I didn't detect any implication of "bad" at all.
I haven't dealt with a P228 yet.
I think my brother has an M11-A1. I'm going to have to go visit and have a look!

God bless America.

Posts: 13486 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I like my .40 P229 better than my P228. So I'd imagine the P229 in 9mm is a breeze. So I'd go M11-A1.

------------------------------------------------
Charter member of the vast, right-wing conspiracy

Posts: 1860 | Registered: June 25, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of drew3630
posted Hide Post
One of my carry guns is the P320 compact. So that's where my vote goes

I carry IWB in an Alessi holster

Posts: 244 | Location: Northern California | Registered: June 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Cobra21
posted Hide Post
I would likely have voted 320 sans a safety, so I voted 228. Also I couldn't remember what the M11 A1 was...229? Man, I'm gtting old.

Risk the consequences of honesty...

Posts: 4498 | Location: DFW, TX | Registered: December 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post