Find
Notify
Tools

My P-229 Login/Join 
Conservative in Nor Cal constantly swimming
up stream
Picture of PR64
posted
I am selling the first Sig I bought and it lead me to the SIGforum. I have not shot it in years because I figured out after I bought it that I struggle with the double stack grip because of my hand size. I just never shot it well.

I'm selling it to a young man that is marrying my Cousins daughter. He has been going to the range with us for a couple of years now and is ready to own his first gun. I taught him about gun safety and how to shoot.

I have mixed emotions and it is the first gun I have ever sold.

I'm hooking him up with a .22 conversion slide too.

I don't think I'm going to regret it and the 229 is going to a good home. Cool I'm giving him a hell of a deal on the package.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: PR64,

-----------------------------------
Get your guns b4 the Dems take them away
Sig P-229
Sig P-220 Combat

Posts: 3457 | Location: Nor Cal | Registered: January 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Pat, I have 2 229’s in case you feel a jones to shoot one again.

Posts: 4736 | Location: Florida Panhandle  | Registered: November 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
I sold my first Sig, a 226 in 9mm...it was a folded slide with West Berlin roll marked on it. I regret selling it now....

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11246 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I sold my P226 SL years ago - it brought me to this forum, but I stayed for the wit and wisdom :-)
The only SIG I currently own is a .22lr Mosquito, which I use to introduce people to shooting - and it's not really a SIG is it?

The P226 was a nice gun, but simply not appropriate for IPSC, which is what I mainly shoot.

However, this forum remains an absolute must for a daily visit.

Posts: 277 | Location: Malta, Europe | Registered: January 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
The only Sig I’ve sold since becoming a member was a P220 Carry stainless internal extractor. I did trade away a beautiful P245 for a P220C when my retarded agency said they were no longer suitable as a BUG thanks to Sig no longer supporting the platform (I did trade into another 245) Other than those, I don’t plan to part with any of my other Sigs.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15501 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The success of a solution usually depends upon your point of view
posted Hide Post
I bought my first handgun, a P226 in the mid 1990s. A few years back I picked up a P229 in .357sig which has mostly replaced it but I don't see ever selling it.

“We truly live in a wondrous age of stupid.” - 83v45magna

"I think it's important that people understand free speech doesn't mean free from consequences societally or politically or culturally."
-Pranjit Kalita, founder and CIO of Birkoa Capital Management

Posts: 3839 | Location: Jacksonville, FL | Registered: September 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Selling my P-229
This is a subject line that should never be seen outside of Classifieds in this forum, no matter what the circumstances.

Posts: 107258 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative in Nor Cal constantly swimming
up stream
Picture of PR64
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
Selling my P-229
This is a subject line that should never be seen outside of Classifieds in this forum, no matter what the circumstances.

Sorry Para...It is the story of what brought me to the Forum.

You can lock it and I understand.

Subject line has been edited Smile

-----------------------------------
Get your guns b4 the Dems take them away
Sig P-229
Sig P-220 Combat

Posts: 3457 | Location: Nor Cal | Registered: January 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ozarkwoods
posted Hide Post
I just can’t part with any of my guns. Except one this was a print, knife, and browning lever action .22 commemorating MN game wardens set that I bought from a friend who needed the money. I ended up selling it back to his wife for exactly what I had into it for his birthday ten years later. Now I am glad that I could not sell them because since I am a full time RVer with a mail service and no permanent place of residence I can’t purchase a firearm if I wanted to.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 4810 | Location: SWMO | Registered: October 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
My first Sig was a P229R in .40S&W that led me here. Flork built up a 9mm slide for me, and I bought a .357 Sig barrel for it. Then I got a 22lr conversion kit for it and my son pretty much took it as his training pistol. By then I was shooting a P228 and a P226. A couple years ago he switched from 22lr to 9mm and I thought I was going to eventually be losing my first pistol. Then he tried a P320 and my P229 is safe again. No I just need to make time to get it out so it can get some more love. Wink

Posts: 6872 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not as lean, not as mean,
Still a Marine
Picture of Gibb
posted Hide Post
I've only ever sold one gun, and I still regret it to this day.

I bought it via private sale at a gun show in Washington Mid-90's. It was a P-226 with full kit. It had 3 barrels (40, 357, and 9mm conversion) 2 slides (one for the 40/357 and the other for the 9mm conversion), 10 magazines (5 of each).

I was in the military, and kept it at the armory. Once I got married, I couldn't keep private arms in the armory any longer, and the wife was adamantly opposed to guns in the house. I sold the kit to my Sgt.

My wife came around many years back, and I've no shortage of guns today, but I still don't have that P-226 kit.

Someday...

I shall respect you until you open your mouth, from that point on, you must earn it yourself.

Posts: 3352 | Location: Southern Maine | Registered: February 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yeah its interesting. Every P22x model I sell, I replace. I've finally learned my lesson.

Posts: 3041 | Location: Pnw | Registered: March 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good to 'keep it in the family', so to speak.

With the exception of ONE cheap ($20.00), poorly made single-shot .22 rifle I bought in the 1980's for my son when he was 9 (which I turned in a couple years ago at a LEO gun buy-back program and got a $50 Walmart gift card), I regret not having nearly every QUALITY gun I've owned, built, shot and then sold (and in one instance a nice Italian O/U 20 ga. - the best pheasant gun I've ever had - which was stolen and never located).

Over the past 45 years I can count nearly a dozen handguns, including several 1911's, a nickle Colt commander, a .380 Walther PPK/S, S & W Models 10, 17, 19, 36, a pre-1979 29 with 6½ barrel and a model 686 which passed through my hands.
The exception was a Sig P227 SAS which I sold last summer BUT I'd bought two of that model at a very good price and made a respectable profit which immediately went toward purchasing a Sig P229 SAS. In retrospect now that Sig has discontinued producing the P227 I wish I'd kept it...such is life.

I'm now at a point in my life where should I decide to buy a firearm, I can afford to spend however much I want and will keep it - one day they will be passed along to my children and grandchildren.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: flwing,

Posts: 62 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: December 24, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post