SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    New Colt Python for 2020
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Colt Python for 2020 Login/Join 
:^)
Picture of BillyBonesNY
posted
Don’t know if I am interested or, not.
Looks nice, will need to handle this one for sure!

Hope they offer a blued model too!

Colt Release
https://youtu.be/4sKYCoL4fDY

New Colt Python Review
https://youtu.be/WWaCEmWHhUE

Shooting the new Colt Python
https://youtu.be/HrLYZruNw_g

I do love revolvers.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: BillyBonesNY,

----------------------------------------
http://lonesurvivorfoundation.org

Posts: 7179 | Registered: March 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SIGfourme
posted Hide Post
I’ve been watching the new Python over on the Colt Forum.
What I’ve gathered; 4 and 6 “ barrels. Press release for the New Year. MRSP 2K. Preorders are being taken- street price $1,400-1,500.
Video #2 states; 4.25 and 6” barrel. Price $1,499.

Posts: 2299 | Location: Southeast CT | Registered: January 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
I always like the looks of a Python. Alas, I'm too old and my hands can't handle the weight, pull and recoil of shooting one. So, I just watch others...

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I always liked the look of the stainless polished python. The origionals are priced in unobtanium range. This looks very very interesting and I'll have to check one out.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
Is full of mim like the cobra? I hope not but probably.

-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor

Posts: 7942 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jcsabolt2
posted Hide Post
Hopefully, they stick to the original design and craftsmanship, but that's probably asking way too much. Based on Colt's website MSRP is just south of $1500 with a 4.25" bbl.

Hopefully, Kimber will come out with a full size K6. Those are the best built revolvers today in my opinion.

----------
“Nobody can ever take your integrity away from you. Only you can give up your integrity.” H. Norman Schwarzkopf

Posts: 3625 | Registered: July 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SIGfourme
posted Hide Post
Need a picture from the right side--there is a QR code just above the trigger guard-engraved not a sticker.

Posts: 2299 | Location: Southeast CT | Registered: January 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
https://tsswarehouse.com/shop/...-walnut-colt-sp6wts/

TSS Warehouse has the 6” python in stock for $1331.

Posts: 153 | Registered: June 07, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 06wrb:

This is VERY tempting. Based upon the Colt Competition 9mm in S/S I bought about 2 years ago sight unseen (when S/S ones first came out). The competition is by far the nicest put together Colt 1911 I have ever handled, the finish and fit are top notch for a $850 gun, and I've handled dozens of them and have shot or owned a dozen different ones. I would imagine this is built just as well. Need to handle one first though!

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
I'd like to see one of these opened up. I'm wondering what the internals look like.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I will buy 1 or 2. Hopefully Colt will eventually offer in royal blue...

Posts: 905 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ethics, antics,
and ballistics
Picture of Dtech
posted Hide Post
Way to go Colt! Eek

I REALLY like the Colt Cobra I bought in 2019 and was hoping they would eventually release a Python as well having fond memories of shooting my brother's years ago. If there is any one gun I will actually buy for 2020, it will very likely be one of these!

-Dtech

"I've got a life to live, people to love, and a God to serve!" - sigmonkey

"Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value." - Albert Einstein

"A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition" ― Rudyard Kipling

Posts: 4413 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: April 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tupperware Dr.
Picture of GCE61
posted Hide Post
I’d be interested in taking a look at a royal blue model if they bring it out in blue. I just watched Ken Hackathorn‘s YouTube review and he mentioned that they did away with the stacking trigger pull (which for me is great because I hated the stacking trigger).

As BBMW mentioned, I also would love to get a peek at the mechanics under the side plate.

Posts: 3546 | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 06wrb:

Oh, wow, this 6" version looks awesome! Now if I could only legally buy one where I live, I'd be all over it! I can't wait to move out of this f$@king state!

Frank

Posts: 42 | Location: MA | Registered: July 04, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
You can’t buy a 6 shot revolver in Mass? Do you guys have an “approved” roster that the manufacturer has to pay the extort.....errr fees to bet tested and put on?

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7673 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doin' what I can
with what I got
Picture of Rob Decker
posted Hide Post
Wow, you mean it only took 8 seasons for Colt to figure out they could make money off of The Walking Dead fans?

For twice the street price of a NIB S&W 686 it had better be one hell of a revolver.

Death smiles at us all. Be sure you smile back.

Posts: 5540 | Location: Greater Nashville, TN | Registered: May 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
I bought an old P220 to ring in the new year. Problem was, it came Monday, so I still haven't bought one for this year. Wink

One like this is high on the want list.

Posts: 9139 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Let's be careful
out there
posted Hide Post
I don't want to be the Party Pooper, but y'all KNOW it ain't gonna be the same, right? Might be good for folks who never owned a Python in the 70's, but for those of us who have had a few over the years, it's gonna be disappointment.

Posts: 7333 | Location: NW OHIO | Registered: May 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
:^)
Picture of BillyBonesNY
posted Hide Post
Fully understand it will NOT be the same as the old Python.

I see it as a new, hopefully quality revolver.

http://lonesurvivorfoundation.org

Posts: 7179 | Registered: March 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cslinger:
You can’t buy a 6 shot revolver in Mass? Do you guys have an “approved” roster that the manufacturer has to pay the extort.....errr fees to bet tested and put on?

That's exactly the case. There are many manufacturers who don't want to bother putting up with the Mass "Approved Firearms Roster" approval BS, so it eliminates some of the best guns out there for consideration. And it's not only just the testing BS that they have to deal with, it's also the other restrictions that Mass puts on guns and manufacturers...especially on semi-automatics.

Here's that MA approved firearms roster, in case anyone is interested: https://www.mass.gov/files/doc...ster%2003-2019_0.pdf

But fortunately, we'll be putting our house on the market in the next couple of months, and I hope to move to a free state within the next year or so.

Frank

Posts: 42 | Location: MA | Registered: July 04, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post