SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    New Colt Python for 2020
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 

Moderators: Chris Orndorff, LDD
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Reply
  
New Colt Python for 2020 Login/Join 
Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 46and2:
Ooh, a 6" blued model sounds interesting.


That is one area the new Python will be lacking in compared to the old Pythons. That beautiful royal blueing the old Pythons had.
 
Posts: 19491 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of mdblanton
posted Hide Post
Colt released a video detailing the problems/solutions to the light strikes and cylinder rotation issues on the 2020 Python.

Colt’s Python Response

Michael
 
Posts: 571 | Location: Petal, MS | Registered: January 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Repressed
Picture of ShneaSIG
posted Hide Post
I applied lock-tite to the screws on my Python (they were all loose when the gun arrived!) before ever taking it to the range.

I've got 200 rounds of .357 through my new Python. No issues, and it's a mighty, mighty fine shooting pistol. Holy smokes can I shoot well with it!


-ShneaSIG


Oh, by the way, which one's "Pink?"
 
Posts: 10950 | Location: MO | Registered: November 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of mdblanton
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ShneaSIG:
I applied lock-tite to the screws on my Python (they were all loose when the gun arrived!) before ever taking it to the range.

I've got 200 rounds of .357 through my new Python. No issues, and it's a mighty, mighty fine shooting pistol. Holy smokes can I shoot well with it!


Glad you’re happy with it. I have a 6” S&W 686 and really enjoy it. Still on a waiting list for 4.25” Python with my dealer. Colt sure generated a lot of bad PR for want of a couple of drops of thread locker.

Michael
 
Posts: 571 | Location: Petal, MS | Registered: January 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Repressed
Picture of ShneaSIG
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mdblanton:

Colt sure generated a lot of bad PR for want of a couple of drops of thread locker.



Seems downright silly, doesn't it? There's no shortage of folks who had their pistols arrive new, out of the box, with loose screws. There's no excuse for that!


-ShneaSIG


Oh, by the way, which one's "Pink?"
 
Posts: 10950 | Location: MO | Registered: November 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
Stupid question perhaps. I’m not a colt revolver guy. My smiths when I have removed the sideplate never appeared to have thread locker applied. I never re applied thread locker to sideplate screws when I reassemble. Most of my smiths are shot minimally with the exception of my 8 shot that I shoot a ton of. I also have removed the sideplate multiple times to “tune” it to my liking.

A lot of typing to ask if S&W uses thread lockers to their screws to keep them in. I ask because I have never had one come loose. Ever. Seems more likely they never screwed them in in the first place then they just wriggled loose sitting in a box during shipping.

All that to say, I hope they fix these. I want one. Beautiful gun that I would love to shoot, not a 3000 dollar safe queen.
 
Posts: 2686 | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
He also states in the video the crown “damage” from the machining process does not impact accuracy. This goes against everything I have learned about the crown of a barrel.

Am I misunderstanding this or is this an attempt to throw it at a wall to see if it sticks?

I was raised on old Colts and this is just disappointing. Sad really.


-Jeff
 
Posts: 111 | Location: NJ | Registered: September 06, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Like a party
in your pants
Picture of armored
posted Hide Post
VERY SAD!
I had wanted to get the new version Python until I read of the problems. Colt response is VERY discouraging.
How on earth could there quality control on there "new" flagship revolver be so bad that side panel screw are not tightened and muzzle crown damage that they were aware of still shipped?
I don't see a new python in my future.
Its bad enough that this happened, its unforgivable when I see them spin a line of BS to buyers.
 
Posts: 3429 | Location: Chicago, IL, USA: | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leave the gun.
Take the cannoli.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by armored:
VERY SAD!
I had wanted to get the new version Python until I read of the problems. Colt response is VERY discouraging.


Me too. Quality control is not that hard. Personally, for me, the Python is always the one that got away. When it was in production I could never afford it. Today I can but I’m not sure I want to buy. This thread started moments after the press release and my excitement for this model fades by the day.

Maybe I’ll go for a SIG 210
 
Posts: 6634 | Location: New England | Registered: January 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of markstempski
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PD:
quote:
Originally posted by armored:
VERY SAD!
I had wanted to get the new version Python until I read of the problems. Colt response is VERY discouraging.


Me too. Quality control is not that hard. Personally, for me, the Python is always the one that got away. When it was in production I could never afford it. Today I can but I’m not sure I want to buy. This thread started moments after the press release and my excitement for this model fades by the day.

Maybe I’ll go for a SIG 210


QC for an arms company should be 2nd nature. No excuse for it and yet one hears and reads horror stories on all of them. I like the idea of a P210


Mundus Vult Decipi
 
Posts: 1184 | Location: Duvall WA, USA | Registered: February 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
We all know this but Colt’s biggest problem is that civilian sales has always been the red headed step child.


—————————
My rights do not end where your fear and/or selfishness begins.
 
Posts: 2953 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
For 1500 bucks they can tighten their own goddam screws. I’m really angry. colt seems to have made a point of screwing the customer. Not this time, jerks. Never again.
 
Posts: 15546 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of CLEANDEAN
posted Hide Post
I am more happy than ever that I kept my Python. A bright nickel 8 incher.
It is a tribute to "Hawk" from Spencer for hire.
The Iffy New ones, won't be that configuration , ever. Certainly not with a butter smooth non stacking (trigger job).
Colt , sprung those knockoffs, on the market, to soon .


Never judge a man, till you have walked a mile in his shoes.....
That way, you'll be a mile away from him; and you'll have his shoes.
 
Posts: 147 | Location: So. of 3 Rivers < Penna. VIGILANT CURMUDGEON | Registered: April 12, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only dead fish
go with the flow
Picture of pessimist
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mdblanton:
Colt released a video detailing the problems/solutions to the light strikes and cylinder rotation issues on the 2020 Python.

Colt’s Python Response

Michael


Wow, I wasn't aware that this roll-out turned to shit. What's sad is that these occurrences are hardly surprising anymore. This is what you get when there's no pride or passion in your product or industry. It's just a job and it's just about $$$$$. But, hey, why not when your customers are stupid, impatient and nostalgic.

The video is a nice touch, however. They at least give the appearance of owning the situation.
 
Posts: 1509 | Registered: March 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
Bump for any updates. Anyone get one of these since February? Are problems still showing up. has Colt resolved them?

This gun was all the rage, then it dropped off the radar. Have people given up on it?
 
Posts: 19681 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
Not hardly. They still go for $2,000+ on gunbroker.
 
Posts: 725 | Registered: April 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Money won is sweeter
than money earned
Picture of Rick_Perry
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BBMW:
Bump for any updates. Anyone get one of these since February? Are problems still showing up. has Colt resolved them?

This gun was all the rage, then it dropped off the radar. Have people given up on it?


I was just researching your exact question? Not much on the web about this. Have they hashed out the issues? Is it safe to buy one yet?


_________________________

Einstein defines insanity as "Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results"
 
Posts: 2909 | Location: SE MI | Registered: October 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by clayflingythingy:
They still go for $2,000+ on gunbroker.

People are out of their mind. Might as well fork out a little more and buy the real thing / the original.
 
Posts: 19537 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
The new Python was the "it" gun for about a month, and now crickets. Not good, not bad (although bad was the last set of news), but just nothing.

Note that turds like the Remington R51 keep inexplicably popping onto the web radar. You would think and attempted remake of an iconic gun like the Python would have at least some ongoing attention.

quote:
Originally posted by Rick_Perry:
quote:
Originally posted by BBMW:
Bump for any updates. Anyone get one of these since February? Are problems still showing up. has Colt resolved them?

This gun was all the rage, then it dropped off the radar. Have people given up on it?


I was just researching your exact question? Not much on the web about this. Have they hashed out the issues? Is it safe to buy one yet?
 
Posts: 19681 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
fugitive from reality
Picture of SgtGold
posted Hide Post
I got to shoot a new one at my gun club. There is no stacking in DA mode, and the SA felt right around 5#. All in all I thought is was a very well put together gun and it shot very well.


_____________________________
'I'm pretty fly for a white guy'.

 
Posts: 6584 | Location: Newyorkistan | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
  Powered by Social Strata Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10  
 

SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    New Colt Python for 2020

© SIGforum 2020