SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Whats the most expensive 80% frame and/or slide?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Whats the most expensive 80% frame and/or slide? Login/Join 
posted
Just getting into Sigs and wondering what tends to be the priciest 80% frame and/or slide?

I'm curious what the range is.

Would also be interesting to know whats the cheapest.

Im actually not that sure 80% are even a big thing with Sigs but there seems to be alot of tools for slide finishing so I guess it is or is that misleading?

If you know any examples of other expensive 80% frames that aren't Sig it would be interesting to hear that too to compare

Posts: 6 | Registered: April 07, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Welcome of course. But what model sig might you be discussing or asking about? There are quite a few different ones as I'm sure you might know.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 11002 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hrcjon:
Welcome of course. But what model sig might you be discussing or asking about? There are quite a few different ones as I'm sure you might know.

Thats the thing I dont know much about the models. I'm trying to get an idea what the whole range is and what people have been building.

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Is there any particular reason you seem to be interested only in building pistols using 80% receivers?

https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...tType=1&u=2290006864

Posts: 107576 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Is there any particular reason you seem to be interested only in building pistols using 80% receivers?

It seems that way if you take my 5 posts on here and assume they represent all my interests.

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
You understand my concern, then. Your posts are all I have to go on. You registered here in April and these two threads are all you've shared. You've had months to post about other aspects of firearms ownership, or other topics.

Posts: 107576 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
Not sure about P22X. But for the 1911 I built. By the time I bought all the all stainless kit. Plus the frame decking guide, rail cutting jig, plunger staking tool, drill bits, dead blow hammer, lapping compound, etc, etc, etc,..

I could have bought one really nice 1911 or x2 budget 1911s. BUT: I knew that going into it. Was about "learning to fish" and learning about this platform and the project. So don't grab a %80 anything and think you are going to save money.

Train how you intend to Fight

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.

Posts: 8849 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
You could always start with the 80% 2011. If you have any extra coins, grips can start at $850. Shop for magazines before deciding caliber is a must...

Posts: 9152 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The OP probably should probably start with using a basic search engine and review. Its not like there are a zillion 80% sig choices. As for the outside sig universe I bet an 80% 1911 from that meteorite would be pretty pricey.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 11002 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by guy_in_USA:
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:

It seems that way if you take my 5 posts on here and assume they represent all my interests.

OP, that’s a really douchey response.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12332 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dinosaur
Picture of P210
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069:

OP, that’s a really douchey response.

Sketchy posts and douchey response. Slick move. Roll Eyes

Posts: 6956 | Location: 96753 | Registered: December 15, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post