SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Sig P230 LEO Trade in - good find or not?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sig P230 LEO Trade in - good find or not? Login/Join 
We Only Kneel
to Almighty God
posted
Dealer has blued Sig P230 with only 1 magazine, box and papers (I didn't reads anything about a test target). He rates them in Good to Very Good Condition with minor holster wear. Dealer is looking for just under $ 400. I guess not a bad price, but the 1 magazine is a stickler for me.

Does anyone know if LEO guns back in the day were shipped with 3 magazines, I assume at least 2. I looked at the price of P230 mags and they are north of $ 75 when you can find them.

Posts: 3427 | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I picked one up for $350 shipped recently. One magazine as well. Even with the scarcity of mags I think it was a good deal. I was surprised that the condition was what I would call excellent. Buy it!

Posts: 50 | Registered: April 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
LE guns get three mags. I obtained some CPO guns from a distributor recently that were upgraded LE turn-ins and those only had two mags. If these are the same guns (and Lipsey's moved a bunch of them), they will be in a red cardboard box. Those guns were sent to dealers with two mags

Posts: 5163 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SiGagain
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DaBigBR:
LE guns get three mags. I obtained some CPO guns from a distributor recently that were upgraded LE turn-ins and those only had two mags. If these are the same guns (and Lipsey's moved a bunch of them), they will be in a red cardboard box. Those guns were sent to dealers with two mags

not in the P230 days...there were no LEO guns, just pistols and sometimes a discount...it was quite some time before SIGArms (and beyond) offered 3 mags and night sights for LEO pistols

it was well after 1995 that SIGArms started the 3 mag and possibly night sights for LEO purchases (unless of course this was some deal your agency worked out with SIGArms)

Bill

Fast is Fine...Accuracy is Final
*SiGARMS GSR Revolution STX
*SiG/Sauer*P220*P226*P228*P230*P245*SPC2009*P365

NRA Benefactor Life/LEAA Life Membership

Posts: 2410 | Location: ChicagoLand, USA | Registered: November 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of inspcalahan
posted Hide Post
If I could find one less than $400, I'd snatch it up. Those 230s and 232s weren't fired all that much. Most I've seen, the wear is from how they were carried, maintained, etc.

Posts: 823 | Location: Alaska | Registered: April 29, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We Only Kneel
to Almighty God
posted Hide Post
Appreciate the feedback but I decided to pass on the P230. and appreciate the input. Perhaps if the seller was local and it was in my hand I could easily be convinced.

Posts: 3427 | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I picked up a west german stainless p230 a few years back from a retired LEO with only one magazine and it was $540. Came with an ankle holster and hogue rubber grips. I had it serviced and put Hogue G-10 Checkered grips. Far and away IMHO the prettiest Sig and if I knew how I would psot a photo. Fortunately I already had a p232 and a half dozen magazines.

Posts: 263 | Registered: January 22, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post