SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    My Glock 19 gen 5 bores the heck outta me!!
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My Glock 19 gen 5 bores the heck outta me!! Login/Join 
Road Dog
Picture of BennerP220
posted
Seriously, it eats everything I feed it. Not a single hiccup. Anytime I take it to the he range, everything goes according to plan. The semi circle notch at the base of the grip doesn’t bother me in the least; no matter how many rounds I fire. Clean or dirty, it fires. Bores the hell out of me!!

Anyone else have a pistol that bores the hell out of ya?

Posts: 3446 | Location: Southwest Indiana | Registered: December 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
yup, a bunch of boring Glock pistols and Ruger revolvers.

Posts: 5082 | Location: Alaska | Registered: June 12, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Road Dog
Picture of BennerP220
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by newmexican:
yup, a bunch of boring Glock pistols and Ruger revolvers.

Amen! Great problem to have!

Posts: 3446 | Location: Southwest Indiana | Registered: December 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
My early Gen 2 G19 is my boring "Old Faithful". It's been carried a ton, beat up, knocked around, fed crap, and shot a lot, and it keeps on ticking. All with only a minimum of maintenance and parts replacement, and the occasional refinishing.

But I've been enjoying the hell out of my Gen 5 G19 lately.

After carrying the Gen 2 for so many years, I'm glad to have a G19 that's able to accept a light.

I had been carrying it with a TLR-1, since I have plenty of G17+TLR-1 holsters. But I bought a Surefire XC1 for Christmas, along with a Raven G19+XC1 holster. So now it's an even smaller package overall.

Might be the best carry setup ever.

Posts: 32495 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Road Dog
Picture of BennerP220
posted Hide Post
I’ve been considering an XC1. At work we are issued gen 4 17s but those of us who are plainclothes at times carry our 19s. I currently do not carry on duty with a light in the 19.

quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
My early Gen 2 G19 is my boring "Old Faithful". It's been carried a ton, beat up, knocked around, fed crap, and shot a lot, and it keeps on ticking. All with only a minimum of maintenance and parts replacement, and the occasional refinishing.

But I've been enjoying the hell out of my Gen 5 G19 lately.

After carrying the Gen 2 for so many years, I'm glad to have a G19 that's able to accept a light.

I had been carrying it with a TLR-1, since I have plenty of G17+TLR-1 holsters. But I bought a Surefire XC1 for Christmas, along with a Raven G19+XC1 holster. So now it's an even smaller package overall.

Might be the best carry setup ever.

posted Hide Post
I have a few g19s but one in particular has been my heavy use gun for over a decade, its beat on and probably due for a new finish but Ive never had a single issue with it other than a broken front sight.

Posts: 5082 | Location: Alaska | Registered: June 12, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BennerP220:
At work we are issued gen 4 17s

Same here. A few of the smaller-handed officers get Gen 4 G19s.

quote:
but those of us who are plainclothes at times carry our 19s.

I currently carry my G17 with TLR-1, even when working plainclothes.

But I will probably qualify with my Gen 5 G19 for duty use, during the next round of qualifications. I had previously qualified with my Gen 2 G19 on occasion, as well as my Gen 4 G26.

quote:
I currently do not carry on duty with a light in the 19.

Safariland offers some of their ALS holsters for the G19+XC1, if you're looking for something with retention.

Posts: 32495 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fight, Build, Destroy.
Sappers Lead the Way!!
Picture of Zacsquatch
posted Hide Post
Shot Chris Swimm's new one today and I liked the grip a lot. The magwell is pretty slick too.

Trying to figure out what I want to be when I grow up

Posts: 4597 | Location: Winchester, KY | Registered: December 31, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
This take on the "humble brag," is... boring?

Come on, guys. Just say it's good and you enjoy it. To say it's boring because you haven't had any problems, is a shade of cocky, and just teasing for the wheels to fall off.

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Boring is GOOD as far as pistols go. All my Glocks are exactly that, boring. I love it. I have had an issue with every other manufacturer I have tried. Literally. Glock is the only one to not have a single issue for me. Not to say any of the others had serious issues but they had at least an issue. Not Glock. Nope. Never. Boring is good indeed.

For ME:
DA/SA= Sig 9mm
Striker fired= Glock 9mm
If it's a .45= 1911
Suppressed= HK in .45
I like anything in 10mm

Posts: 1442 | Location: VA | Registered: July 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by zdog16:
Boring is GOOD as far as pistols go. All my Glocks are exactly that, boring. I love it. I have had an issue with every other manufacturer I have tried. Literally. Glock is the only one to not have a single issue for me. Not to say any of the others had serious issues but they had at least an issue. Not Glock. Nope. Never. Boring is good indeed.
Boring very good.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Road Dog
Picture of BennerP220
posted Hide Post
I am just happy about it. Since it brings me home everyday. Not bragging. Just happy. That is all.

quote:
Originally posted by arcwelder76:

This take on the "humble brag," is... boring?

Come on, guys. Just say it's good and you enjoy it. To say it's boring because you haven't had any problems, is a shade of cocky, and just teasing for the wheels to fall off.

Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
Oh I know. Boring is good. Every day I'm thankful I haven't lost a limb or an eye, and that nothing "exciting" has happened.

It's a bit different when you're tempting fate with what is already a pistol known to be highly reliable, by extolling that you're bored with the same old same old.

Come on, if you want to spice up your life, buy an XD or Para Ord.

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bcjwriter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
quote:
Originally posted by BennerP220:
At work we are issued gen 4 17s

Same here. A few of the smaller-handed officers get Gen 4 G19s.

quote:
but those of us who are plainclothes at times carry our 19s.

I currently carry my G17 with TLR-1, even when working plainclothes.

But I will probably qualify with my Gen 5 G19 for duty use, during the next round of qualifications. I had previously qualified with my Gen 2 G19 on occasion, as well as my Gen 4 G26.

quote:
I currently do not carry on duty with a light in the 19.

Safariland offers some of their ALS holsters for the G19+XC1, if you're looking for something with retention.

My duty rig is a G17 Gen 4 with the same TLR-1. Desk duty is with my G19 Gen 4, but I'm waiting on a Gen 5.

Posts: 1963 | Location: Southern CA | Registered: July 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
Got an old frying pan gen 4 G19 that won't even show any wear. Hoot the crap out of it, throw it in the truck bed and it still looks brand new.

-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I picked up a Glock 19/5 when it first came out and its been flawless , got the FBI type night sights . I also have a beat on G19 Austrian gen 3 with the proof marks, and Ges MbH on the side of the frame . Never a problem .

Posts: 936 | Registered: July 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Throwin sparks
makin knives
Picture of sybo
posted Hide Post
Glock boring? Glock reliability? Aren’t they all........... Wink Enjoy brother!

Posts: 6203 | Location: Nashville Tn | Registered: October 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The g19 gen5 is a great pistol i really like her, no BTF nothing, accuracy is really great, the only problem i have is with the trigger, from the factory my exemplar has the minus connector wich gives me a smooth but gritty trigger, i've changed for the dot connector, the feel is better but there is some grittyness before the breack. After polishing everything, i've discovered that with the new FPS, glock has enlarged the hole in the slide, this makes a semi circular widening above the slide rail and the trigger follow this widening and makes me felling the trigger travel like a step.

Posts: 467 | Registered: November 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
All my Glocks and Sigs are like that. Boring, just what I want out of them. Beretta 92 is as well.

Posts: 255 | Registered: February 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by toto:
The g19 gen5...gives me a smooth but gritty trigger...

I....do not.....understand.

Posts: 559 | Location: Virginia | Registered: January 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post