SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    SP2022 upgrades ????
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SP2022 upgrades ???? Login/Join 
posted
any good upgrades for the 2022 9mm?

maybe a better trigger or trigger parts

what about sights??

Posts: 11 | Registered: January 09, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SigSentry
posted Hide Post
Perhaps a steel guide rod, flat magazine base pads and the trigger of your choice (short or standard) and sights. Not much else to do except shoot it. Cool

Posts: 3520 | Registered: May 30, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
I have SP2340's and SP2009's but no SP2022's, mostly because I think the old proprietary rail looks cleaner... but.

Galloway makes "stuff" for the SP2022, I haven't used any of their "stuff", but maybe you'd be interested.

https://gallowayprecision.com/sig-sauer/sp2022/

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6212 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I believe Gray Guns offers a trigger job for the 2022. Or at least they used to.

Posts: 875 | Location: South Dakota | Registered: May 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Redesign may be in the works. Couplr years back spoke with project manager who spoke about it some design / aesthetic changes and most importantly an SRT trigger. Customer service the other day said “something might be in the works.” Whatever that means.

I think a thinner 2022 bit smaller like the SPC, employ the 365 mag design so its thinner for IWB, then take my money,, oh and then make a sub and take more of my money

Posts: 1153 | Location: Decatur, GA | Registered: November 14, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Honky Lips
Picture of FenderBender
posted Hide Post
I'd reach out to grayguns I know Bruce Gray has a real soft spot for the gun.

Posts: 8146 | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The SP2022 pistols are fine right out of the box.
The French army thought so.
Generally, gun design engineers have it right from the start.
I've never changed or added much beyond sights (like reflex) on any of my pistols.
They're tools (To we LE's) and I don't do anything to any of my hammers or screw drivers and such.
How ever I know a lot of folks like to fiddle with their pistols. That's okay too.
Poli Viejo

Posts: 395 | Location: Green Valley, Arizona | Registered: May 01, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stoic-one:
I have SP2340's and SP2009's but no SP2022's, mostly because I think the old proprietary rail looks cleaner... but.

Galloway makes "stuff" for the SP2022, I haven't used any of their "stuff", but maybe you'd be interested.

https://gallowayprecision.com/sig-sauer/sp2022/

Sounds like you need buy a 2022 with the Swiss frame that has the proprietary rail. I love mine. Highly doubt there is a better $400 pistol out there.

As to the OPs question all I added was a threaded barrel really needs nothing else. Out shoots me out of the box.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25421 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's all part of
the adventure...
posted Hide Post
I put a Galloway trigger in my 2022/.40 and have been very happy with it. It didn’t necessarily need it, but it did improve an already great gun a little. They are great values. Now I need the 9mm FDE version...

Regards From Sunny Tucson,
SigFan

NRA Life - IDPA - USCCA - GOA - JPFO - ACLDN - SAF - AZCDL - ASA

"Faith isn't believing that God can; it's knowing that He will." (From a sign on a church in Nicholasville, Kentucky)

Posts: 1681 | Location: Tucson, Arizona | Registered: January 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
Magazines and ammo

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
Magazines and ammo

I've made those upgrades have plenty of both and she loves to eat regularly.

Zero failures for me. Wife has had problems seating magazines with plus one or in a hurry with full mag, but only a couple times when she was concentrating on the course instead of making sure mag seats in properly.

Fantastic gun right out of the box, awesome trigger. If I could change anything, SRT and take out some pretravel.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20822 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post