SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Sig 365 report
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sig 365 report Login/Join 
Picture of buster1652
posted
Picked up my new p365 last week..Put 150 rds of 115 gr blazer brass thru her at my home made range..

Had one failure with slide not locking back after last round.

Now I realize this ole horse ain't what he used to be, I consider my skills just to be averaage at best..But the truth is I couldn't hit the broad side of the barn with this little gun. Just did not fit me or feel comfortable at all. Even with the ext pinkie mag.

The trigger wasn't as good as I expected..Too spongy and long to suit me.

I wish it would have worked for me as I own several Sig firearms. I have three good friends with the 365's and it is their EDC...This is not a knock on Sig in any way...Just didn't work for me so I sold it the next day.

Time to move on.

Posts: 6 | Registered: March 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Yup, if something doesn't suit you, move on.

Q

Posts: 26372 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You've got to go with what works for you.

I found the P365 trigger to be excellent, much the same as the P320 triggers; the pistol feels to me like a squared off, small P320 (which is an excellent pistol).

When I first tried the P365, it was as a range rental, and I wasn't as accurate as I'd have liked. I bought one, put some time in a lane at a range, and found that after a bit it was easy to shoot. At first I found that without the extended magazine, I had a harder time controlling it, but after a time as I rotated different magazines through, I found it didn't make much difference. The longer magazine is the most comfortable, but everything shot to point of aim regardless of the magazine size.

I haven't explored the full range of ammunition for the pistol; mostly my own reloads and various common factory ammunition. It's been reliable on everything I've shot so far.

I bet you had no trouble finding a buyer.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I find the Sig P365 to be a very accurate gun.
For an old guy like me with poor eyesight and having the shakes Smile.

Posts: 361 | Registered: July 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AVG:

Me too! Accuracy of this pistol astounds me; an old guy with poor eyesight, and the shakes.

Posts: 76 | Location: Rapid City, South Dakota | Registered: February 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm another old guy with the shakes. Can't wait get my hands on one.

What was your ammo and distance for those groups?

Posts: 8 | Registered: June 04, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AVG:

25 yard target?

Posts: 604 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: June 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
I like mine, but I agree there is a certain sponginess to the trigger. Like poking your finger in those foam blocks florists put flowers in.

Posts: 17884 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Giftedly Outspoken
Picture of sigarms229
posted Hide Post
Agree that if it doesn't work for you move on. That being said I wouldn't take 1 range session to heart. Most days are good days at the range but sometimes there are bad days.

I've also found the accuracy of the P365 amazing for a pistol its size. I shoot it much better than the Kahr, G43, Shield, Nano or LC9s.

Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six

Posts: 4522 | Location: SouthCentral PA | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I agree if it doesn't work sell it philosophy. Mine worked. This is the first mag right out of the box. Handloads 124 gr.

Posts: 210 | Registered: February 17, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post