SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    More P6s coming?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

More P6s coming? Login/Join 
posted
With the German state of Saxony-Anhalt police force adopting the G46 will their 6,500 P6 trade-ins be coming to the U.S.?

Posts: 888 | Location: TX | Registered: June 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I hope you are correct but if I'm not mistaken, the German government has decided that any service weapons which are phased out would be destroyed and not put up for sale to civilians. Frown

Posts: 2007 | Registered: March 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
King Nothing
Picture of SigSauerP226
posted Hide Post
That would be really cool, especially if they came in near the same prices they did before. My P6 is the only gun I sort of regret selling. I'd love to have another, but sucks if they destroy them instead.

...Then it comes to be that the soothing light at the end of your tunnel, is just a freight train coming your way...

Posts: 2433 | Location: Simi Valley, CA | Registered: September 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rick Lee
posted Hide Post
A good buddy is a cop in Sachsen-Anhalt and still has his P6. He was a Volkspolizist before reunification and had his Makarov for quite a while before getting his P6. I would love to get his personal gun, but don't know how to go about that. I'll be there in a month, so I'll ask about it. And I think about 30k HK P7s are being phased out this year too. Such a shame if they're destroyed.

Posts: 3492 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SigSauerP226:
That would be really cool, especially if they came in near the same prices they did before. My P6 is the only gun I sort of regret selling. I'd love to have another, but sucks if they destroy them instead.

You are right. A P6 is a great gun. I bought one off a member here. I don't carry it as it needs new sights but I really like it. Wish I knew it's history.

Posts: 5731 | Location: Chicago | Registered: August 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rick Lee:
A good buddy is a cop in Sachsen-Anhalt and still has his P6. He was a Volkspolizist before reunification and had his Makarov for quite a while before getting his P6. I would love to get his personal gun, but don't know how to go about that. I'll be there in a month, so I'll ask about it. And I think about 30k HK P7s are being phased out this year too. Such a shame if they're destroyed.

Rick, is that his duty gun or do you mean that he was allowed to keep it?

Posts: 5731 | Location: Chicago | Registered: August 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rick Lee
posted Hide Post
The P6 is his duty gun. I will find out when I'm there if he's allowed to keep it. I suspect he doesn't want to, as he has small kids at home and had to get special permission to bring it home to show me last time. He doesn't carry off duty or bring it home. IIRC, cops there have to have approved safe storage at home in order to be allowed to carry off duty.

Posts: 3492 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fyimo
posted Hide Post
I have my P6 when they came out many years ago and it is one of my favorites. I doubt that I would buy another but if the price was right I would be very tempted.

Freedom Is Not Free And Is Paid For By Our Military.
VFW Member
NRA Life Member 042722999
SWCA

Posts: 9186 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: July 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:
And I think about 30k HK P7s are being phased out this year too. Such a shame if they're destroyed.

That would make me sick. I'd love to be able to afford another one.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hopefully they aren't destroyed.

Posts: 888 | Location: TX | Registered: June 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Makes me sick to think about useable items being destroyed or thrown in the trash.
A total waste of valuable resources (materials and labor).

Posts: 10045 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post