SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Do you like your M11-A1?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Do you like your M11-A1? Login/Join 
posted
I was considering trading for a M11-A1. Do you like yours? What have you considered it's pros and cons? I notice they appear to take different mags, has that been an issue? Thanks.

A shot not taken is a shot missed

Posts: 407 | Registered: April 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of powermad
posted Hide Post
Great 229 for the money.
It takes 229-1 mags, same as all current 229s
3 mags, SRT and no rail.
Only thing I didn't like out of the box was the thin trigger and heavy mainspring.
Went with a 19# spring and an Armory Craft trigger.

Mine didn't stay an M11-A1 long.
Used a 40/357 legacy slide for a bit then put a 228 slide assy and locking insert on it. It's a 228-A1 now.

Posts: 1470 | Location: Portland Oregon | Registered: October 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Quiet Man
posted Hide Post
I liked mine a lot once I swapped out the trigger. Great shooter. Utterly reliable. I ended up trading it to someone who wanted it more than I did and was willing to part with a couple of things I wanted more than they did.

Posts: 2590 | Registered: November 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I love the P229. One of the finest pistols ever designed. So good, they changed the P226 to match it! Hell, I think the P229 is a better pistol than the P228.

------------------------------------------------
Charter member of the vast, right-wing conspiracy

Posts: 1859 | Registered: June 25, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Telecom Ronin
Picture of dewhorse
posted Hide Post
Count me as a no, shot great but.....and I know it sounds silly but it didn't balance the same as a folded steel P228.

Same reason I don't like the P229 and P239.

Great pistol....just not for me

This message has been edited. Last edited by: dewhorse,

Posts: 8301 | Location: Back in NE TX ....to stay | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dewhorse:
Count me as a no, shot great but.....and I know it sounds silly but it didn't balance the same as a folded steel P228.

Same reason I don't like the P228 and P239.

I'm confused. Confused

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
The M11-A1 is an excellent pistol. But, I don't care for the long external extractor. So, the upper is gone. It is now, just another P228. Cool

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 00464b
posted Hide Post
Love mine but also had to swap out the skinny trigger for the standard "fat" trigger.

Posts: 658 | Location: SE Wisconsin | Registered: July 31, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
No I don't like it, I love it. Mine had some issues at first, but after a few trips to Exeter she's one of my favorites, maybe even my favorite.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20756 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironbutt
posted Hide Post
I had one for about two years & just never got to like it, until I swapped out the short reach trigger for a GG dual adjustable trigger. Now it's one of my favorites.

------------------------------------------------

"It's hard to imagine a more stupid or dangerous way of making decisions, than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
Thomas Sowell

Posts: 2048 | Location: PA | Registered: September 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's all part of
the adventure...
posted Hide Post
Absolutely! One of several favorites.

Regards From Sunny Tucson,
SigFan

NRA Life - IDPA - USCCA - GOA - JPFO - ACLDN - SAF - AZCDL - ASA

"Faith isn't believing that God can; it's knowing that He will." (From a sign on a church in Nicholasville, Kentucky)

Posts: 1677 | Location: Tucson, Arizona | Registered: January 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Does the M11-A1 fit holsters for standard P229?

Posts: 2047 | Location: East Central Toadsuck, Florida | Registered: September 04, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes it does, even if the holster is made to fit one with a rail, the M11-A1 will fit it fine. The A1 is just a P229 without a rail, plus a few internal differences, like SRT, phosphate parts, etc. I have both an IWB and an OWB from UBG Holsters made for a P229 Enhanced Elite that my M11-A1 slides in perfectly. Externally, the only real difference a holster cares about is the lack of a rail on the A1.

By the way, to answer the initial question, I love my M11-A1. it is a soft shooting, accurate, easy to carry pistol that has proven to be utterly reliable now after many, many rounds.

Posts: 127 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: July 12, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Best pistol I own.
Greyguns P-SIAT trigger and Hogue G10's make it perfect.
M11A1 has a cult following with many happy users.
If you don't like yours, you will have no trouble selling it.

Posts: 113 | Location: N.E.Ohio | Registered: August 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of T.Webb
posted Hide Post
I've got a P228, an M11A1 and a P229 DAK. Of them all, I must admit that my older P228 is still my all time favorite.

"Tonight, we are a country awakened to danger and called to defend freedom. Our grief has turned to anger and anger to resolution. Whether we bring our enemies to justice or bring justice to our enemies, justice will be done". {George W. Bush, Post 9/11}

Posts: 842 | Location: Long Island, N.Y. / Stephentown, N.Y. | Registered: March 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I love mine. Carry it almost daily. It's an awesome shooter and utterly reliable. Love the SRT. And I've always preferred (for carry guns) no rail, no beavertail.

I usually take it as a loaner gun to my CCW classes, and usually get a few offers from students to buy it. I'm not selling it!

Posts: 32 | Location: Ohio | Registered: March 07, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
I sense typo. I bet the gun he didn't like is the P229, NOT P228

quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
quote:
Originally posted by dewhorse:

Same reason I don't like the P228 and P239.

I'm confused. Confused

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I love mine. It is compact but accurate and low recoil. Having a pistol without rails gives it a classic look. It is a bit heavy but I carry full size 9's due to recoil issues.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Democracy is 2 Wolves & a Lamb debating the lunch menu.

Liberty is a well armed Lamb!

Posts: 879 | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I’ve considered consolidating my pistol types. Two more m11’s and sell off the glock 19’s

Posts: 532 | Registered: July 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
I like mine. I don't shoot it enough.

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol / Personal Protection Inside the Home

Posts: 23577 | Location: Gainesville, GA | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post