SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Do you like your M11-A1?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Do you like your M11-A1? Login/Join 
Telecom Ronin
Picture of dewhorse
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
quote:
Originally posted by dewhorse:
Count me as a no, shot great but.....and I know it sounds silly but it didn't balance the same as a folded steel P228.

Same reason I don't like the P228 and P239.

Great pistol....just not for me

I'm confused. Confused

ooops typo....meant 229

Posts: 8301 | Location: Back in NE TX ....to stay | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I really like mine. I took it to a training session to find ways to improve and the trainer had me shooting it to a 100 yards. It’s one of the few pistols I will not do any modifications on.

Posts: 5 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes! Love mine. Got it for a good price when the local Gander Mountain store was closing.
Good size, good ergonomics, good capacity, and an all-metal gun.
I like the weight and consider it an advantage when dealing with recoil.
It is my EDC and it does everything I need it to do and does it well.

So far the only "con" for this gun would be the SIG three-dot night sights...hard to pick up the front sight quickly. I've installed a set of TrijiCon HD sights to correct that.

Takes the SIG 229-1 magazines, but I buy the Mec-Gar 15 round 228/229 magazines and they work just as well as the SIG-branded magazines. Never had any problems with the Mec-Gar mags.

I have three holsters for it:
*a standard Fobus paddle holster,
*a Galco FLETCH Hide Ride with thumb break, and
*an IWB Hybrid made by Ozark Holster Co.
Probably use either the Galco or the Ozark the most of the time.

Hope this helps.

Posts: 603 | Registered: December 12, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I like mine, just fine. That being said I may try the E2 grips as a slightly thinner grip might be nice.

Posts: 90 | Location: SW VA | Registered: January 25, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P6shooter
posted Hide Post
Love mine..

Posts: 820 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: May 10, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Badhammer: I installed some Hogue G10 grips. They were just a bit thinner than the factory plastic grips, but just thin enough to make a big difference in handling. An added plus is that the Hogue's have a wee bit more "bite" to them. Try them before the E2's.

Posts: 92 | Registered: February 06, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of steelcityfishanddive
posted Hide Post
My favorite pistol right next to my Tanfo Hunter 10mm.

Posts: 1312 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: June 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
TATERPORKCHOP;
Which version of the Hogue G10 grips did you select?
Checkered? Chain Link? Piranha?

Posts: 603 | Registered: December 12, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of gunguru123
posted Hide Post
One of my favorite Sigs, mine has over 6000 rounds through it. I don’t shoot it much anymore but it was a workhorse for a few years. I have a German made 228 as well, I can’t tell a difference in balance. Same same.

Sig P220 Elite Dark, W. German 220/226 Navy/226 Tac Ops/226R Stainless/228/229 Legion/229R/M11-A1D

Glocks, HK, Walther, XDs, etc, etc...

Posts: 1043 | Location: Texas | Registered: April 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
Have the E2 grips on my M11-A1 that Mr. Robert Burke converted to DAK for me. Love this pistole ! ! ! Big Grin

Went with those grips as they are the thinnest from what I could glean on here. Like them for helping work with my bum right paw, but they are quite abrasive for CC as they are so grippy.

Nevertheless, they helped a lot.

Would like a comparison with the Hogue grips.

Posts: 4917 | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post