SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Leupold DP-P question
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Leupold DP-P question Login/Join 
Picture of Scsu74
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by scubadds:
I have an x carry and x5
I have an RMR and I bought a DPP.
Using the springer precision adapter plates.

I put the DPP on the x carry and it seemed huge to me...my previous experience was an RMR cut on G34.
I then put the RMR on and it seems to be more proportioned....

I have not shot the gun with the DPP, but did shoot it with the RMR.
My RMR is a gen1 and it has been flawless for years now.
I sighted it in on the Xcarry and was hoping to work on speed drills with it.

I like the adjustments on the side and battery life is amazing.
THe DPP is weird in that you need to stick your finger in front of the lens and it is one button that goes up, delay and then down.
YOu can't adjust and see the dot at the same time... to me it does not seem as robust (but I hear it is)
For a pure race gun, the DPP may be better as it seems easier to acquire the dot.
But in the long run, I think the RMR suits me better at the moment.
I was curious about the sig Romeo, as I could eliminate the adapter plate.

You can eliminate the adapter plate with the Dp as well. You just need to remove .05" from the front of the optic cut or the DP itself

X-Carry (ACRO & DPP slides), X5 x2 (w/ DPPs, gas pedals, Springer guide rods)

Posts: 293 | Location: Up Nort | Registered: July 25, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I received a text from GJM AK this morning. "Broke a DP within 10 minutes of a class". That's # 6 or 7 for him.
I am afraid Leupold is gonna contract a hit on him.

Posts: 481 | Registered: April 03, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Scsu74
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YVK:
I received a text from GJM AK this morning. "Broke a DP within 10 minutes of a class". That's # 6 or 7 for him.

Kind of weird he's the only one having issues..

Posts: 293 | Location: Up Nort | Registered: July 25, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
As far as the problem mentioned about a holster. I had a leather shop make me a holster that will fit my pistol, rail mounted laser with light, and red dot sight. Also there is a company called gunfighter that builds kydex custom holders in any configuration. I am also new to the red dot world. Just put a Vortex Venom on my new Sig P220 Hunter (using a dovetail mounting plate, and am wondering about the height of a front sight to get co-witness. Can anyone recommend a front sight brand and height that will co-witness? Thanks

Posts: 11 | Registered: March 15, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scsu74:
quote:
Originally posted by YVK:

Between my wife and I, we have 9 DP Pro units. Probably half are two years old, and the balance a year or more. I am shooting approximately 35,000 rounds thru a Pro annually, and my wife 10,000 rounds, so that adds up to approaching 100,000 rounds, and continuing to increase, through the collection of them.

Two are on CZ Shadows, direct milled by L&M. They have not broken, although I don’t shoot those pistols anymore. The rest are on MOS Glock and Walther Q5 pistols, using the OEM plates.

I used to count failure of the motion sensor as an issue to return them for, but now I accept that as normal, and only return them when the dot fails.

I just ordered a plate to run a CMORE RTS-2 on a Q5, and will give that a whirl.

For all those other users having no problems, I would be curious as to how many Pro units they have, how long they have had them, and how many rounds they have fired through them on slide mounted installations.

Posts: 186 | Registered: September 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

He's a weird dude.

His redeeming quality though is that he's my friend, I can take his word to the bank, and I know how much he shoots.

posted Hide Post
My back up DP Pro died at the end of session today, after about 500 rounds. Glad I brought an iron sight back up gun to this course.

Right now, I have one at Leupold, one in transit to Leupold, and these two to send back.

Transplanted Hillbilly
Picture of Fire Away
posted Hide Post
Out of curiosity, why do you keep using the DP Pro if it keeps failing instead of trying something else?

quote:
Originally posted by GJM AK:
My back up DP Pro died at the end of session today, after about 500 rounds. Glad I brought an iron sight back up gun to this course.

Right now, I have one at Leupold, one in transit to Leupold, and these two to send back.

Posts: 1921 | Location: Central Pennsylvania | Registered: December 08, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fire Away:
Out of curiosity, why do you keep using the DP Pro if it keeps failing instead of trying something else?

quote:

Because right now, there is nothing better for USPSA Carry Optics use -- which makes me sad.

Picture of Scsu74
posted Hide Post
quote:

That's really weird, wonder if it's a mount issue or what. You're the only person I've spoke to that has had issues, but doubt any of the others are putting 100K through their guns.

How is their warranty as far as turn around?

What round count are they usually failing?

posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

That's really weird, wonder if it's a mount issue or what. You're the only person I've spoke to that has had issues, but doubt any of the others are putting 100K through their guns.

The Pro units seem to be holding up on open guns and long guns, so the likely culprit is the reciprocating slide. There is a hypothesis that the multi mount pistols, like the MOS and Walther Q5, may subject the optic to more abuse than a direct mill installation, that closely conforms to the optic. The only two of our nine that haven’t broken are direct milled installations on a CZ Shadow, but they have been shot less.

I haven’t kept track of each unit and round count, but I have four broken now, and about eight since September’ish, so certainly some have broken multiple times.

They have fixed them no questions asked, and it seems to take about three weeks round trip.

I really wish Leupold would call up and take some interest in what I am experiencing.

Picture of Scsu74
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

The Pro units seem to be holding up on open guns and long guns, so the likely culprit is the reciprocating slide. There is a hypothesis that the multi mount pistols, like the MOS and Walther Q5, may subject the optic to more abuse than a direct mill installation, that closely conforms to the optic. The only two of our nine that haven’t broken are direct milled installations on a CZ Shadow, but they have been shot less.

I haven’t kept track of each unit and round count, but I have four broken now, and about eight since September’ish, so certainly some have broken multiple times.

They have fixed them no questions asked, and it seems to take about three weeks round trip.

I really wish Leupold would call up and take some interest in what I am experiencing.

Appreciate the info! I just ordered a backup, so at least I'll have a spare if one goes down. Both will be direct milled by L&M so I'm curious how they'll hold up. I only shoot 5-10K a year though, so nothing close to what you're putting them through.

posted Hide Post
Leupold reached out to me to both try to help and learn more as to the cause of all my failures.

Picture of tha1000
posted Hide Post
To any of you that have bought and installed the Galloway rear sight insert, what height front sight have you had to go with?

Posts: 5383 | Location: MS | Registered: June 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Scsu74
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tha1000:
To any of you that have bought and installed the Galloway rear sight insert, what height front sight have you had to go with?

I'm using a .40x.125 from Dawson (The DPP is using the X-Carry optic cut). I just passed 1k through my original DP, no issues and still on original battery after 5 weeks.

Picture of tha1000
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by tha1000:

I'm using a .40x.125 from Dawson (The DPP is using the X-Carry optic cut). I just passed 1k through my original DP, no issues and still on original battery after 5 weeks.

Thanks!

Posts: 5383 | Location: MS | Registered: June 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
I just passed 1k through my original DP, no issues and still on original battery after 5 weeks.

I posted on another forum, my DPP started to lose the dot at 2200 rounds, fired between March and July, at approximately 300-350 rounds per session, shot at a relatively rapid pace. Gun's Glock 19X with a Unity interface.